20% discount at autozone, Doug's D453 decent price.

-

Ottmundr

68 Fastback
Reaction score
Just put a set of Doug's D453 headers in my cart, with the 20% discount and free shipping it comes to a total of 502.39. I gotta pull the trigger.

edit:
Well, it looks like the fools at Autozone wanted me to give my money to Summit. Just got them ordered and they price matched. I had to talk to a real person, and I had to say that the 68 Barracuda was manufactured before 1966 because I live in this shitty state of Commiefornia. Too bad Sacramento isn't located below the Oroville dam. We're due for some MORE major rain over the next week or so.

Last edited:
Just put a set of Doug's D453 headers in my cart, with the 20% discount and free shipping it comes to a total of 502.39. I gotta pull the trigger.

Got mine about a year ago with the same deal, just need to get them on the car now.

I just checked the site to get a set for my car and their out of stock...

I just checked the site to get a set for my car and their out of stock...
go to summit. you will need to do a web chat to get a price match. That's what I ended up doing. I also got the $250 summit header exhaust system.

go to summit. you will need to do a web chat to get a price match. That's what I ended up doing. I also got the $250 summit header exhaust system.

Which exhaust did you get?

Also, how are the gaskets and bolts that come with the Doug's kit?

Any pics of the oil relocation kit installed as well as exhaust?

Also does that oil relocation kit use the same stock oil filter?
I hope to be getting the oil filter relocation installed this weekend.

I don't have the exhaust installed yet. My mini starter just arrived so I need to swap that over. 440 Source mini starter, it weighs 8.2 pounds. I'll weigh the stock starter and post that up when I can, and let the guys over at Bigblockdart know for their, "Put your big block dart on a diet" table.

I am not going to install the headers for at least a month, I want to swap out my power steering pump for manual as well as a 302 head swap. That will be a whole weekend of upgrades. I have a set of 1.03 torsion bars to put in that weekend as well. I have to double check the header instructions, but I think I need to pull the torsion bars anyways when I do the headers.

Damn, I should just get off my butt and do a build thread.

I tried to take advantage of the Autozone 20% off coupon today but when checking out, a message states that the headers were no longer available. I called Jeg's, gave them all the info including the discount code (GET20) and price, and they price matched. They're on the way!

Just ordered D453's from Jegs with the AutoZone 20% off price match. For me anyway, Jegs seems easier to do the price match thing with; Summit always takes longer to decide and their process just seems more cumbersome. Now I hope I don't have to much trouble getting them in!!

Just ordered D453's from Jegs with the AutoZone 20% off price match. For me anyway, Jegs seems easier to do the price match thing with; Summit always takes longer to decide and their process just seems more cumbersome. Now I hope I don't have to much trouble getting them in!!

What is summit's procedure for price matching? It's been a while, but when I did it a while back, it was as simple as a few minute phone call. Has that changed?

What is summit's procedure for price matching? It's been a while, but when I did it a while back, it was as simple as a few minute phone call. Has that changed?
Mopowers, I 've ordered from both and did price match with both, Summit seems to always ask more questions (make you jump through more hoops) to get the price match. I just ordered some cragars from Summit and they price matched but that transaction took about 10 more minutes than Jegs. I guess I'm going to take the path of least resistance for the same part/price.

EXACT same price and situation for me....2 years ago....
Yer gonna love them headers....congratulations!

Jeff

I have a pair of flowtech ceramic coated headers. My problem is they hit my pitman and idler arm in certain situations. I have edelbrock heads. Does anyone have problem with the dougs fitting on the eddies or steering? Thanks for the heads up on discount at autozone. I tried it this morning and it works.

-
Back