doug's and autozone ?

-

carls72dart

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to purchase a set of doug's headers for my 72 swinger. I had read on the forum that autozone has them with 20%off codes. I went to the site and put d453 (coated headers) in the cart. When i went to check out, it said the item is no longer available??? Has anyone come across this? It's a great deal on headers!! Gonna try calling the store tomorrow to see what they say!

I think they were getting killed on shipping so they excluded it from the offer, at least that is what I gathered from the fine print about the ship to home/discount offer.

Yes check with your store. I have found that their web site is off from the store computers. I was looking for wheel bearings and the part didn't show for the outer bearing just the inner. Thinking that was odd,I checked with the store computer and it was on their page.

Actually just keep trying it, that's what happened to me. I was checking to see if they were available and would accept the code, they were but I didn't have my money saved up yet so when I got my money together I went to order and it said unavailable, tried again for several days and it finally worked. I think possibly they only keep a few sets in stock or something, not quite sure but I got mine for the 20% off and free shipping.

Messing around I just did it using code 20tax10

worked just fine

The same thing happened to me last year when buying a carb from them. Listed on their web page fine, by the time I had saved up enough money, it was unavailable. I think a lot of people buy big ticket items when they run the discount.

So what are ya paying with the 20% off? Just curious. Have a used set here I may sell and have no idea what to ask for them.

Just an update. I called the store and of course, the person behind the computer couldn't tell me anymore than I know already. I have a call into customer service and waiting for a response. I looked at advance auto's website and they offer them as well. I put in a coupon code for 20% and guess what....same thing!! They have the raw uncoated set still for sale but not the coated!

Abody Joe, they sell for $627.99 and with the 20% off it is 502.99 before taxes. That includes free shipping!! That's a $125.00 savings!:)

Abodyjoe, if you decide on selling your doug's headers, are they coated and what condition would you say they are in? I've also sent a message to pertronix to see what they have to say.

Brian the 20% is for ship to home orders only, but orders over $100 get free shipping, so it's not a problem plus you get a $10 az gift card.

I bought a pair of D450 headers for my wife's '65 dart from Autozone last year, and was able to use the 20% off code. Last month my son tried to buy an Fast ez-efi from them using the discount code and it said it was not available, when a few months earlier he went through a dry run and it went through. They may have gotten wise to the higher dollar stuff.

Well I just received an email from pertronix. It looks like they'll be available around May 4th! If anyone is considering buy doug's headers, keep the date on the calendar!:)

Abodyjoe, if you decide on selling your doug's headers, are they coated and what condition would you say they are in? I've also sent a message to pertronix to see what they have to say.

i'll have to get pics. they are coated but sure not new looking.

you want a real problem try to get a sitter 360 mounts motor mounts that fit all the box stores autozone Napa O'Reilly they're all made wrong I tried to buy a set just this year and they are all made the same the driver side button does not fit luckily I had an old oneand I just went ahead and put it on the rubber want to bed you get a replacement for the center but the moon you buy the whole mount I don't fit certainly them a drum I don't know 1 about mopar they couldn't get in the local 1 I didn't want toso here getting ready to put 360 in something be careful with the local box stores

I tried to buy some of these from Autozone a few weeks ago and kept getting the same thing as everybody else....so I emailed Doug's directly and inquired as their website showed them out of stock as well. The reply was that "they are awaiting for them to get back from ceramic coating". So just hang in there, shouldn't be much longer....I hope. :burnout:

Got mine with the discount In February D450 coated for $746 including taxes.
You can ask waggins how hard they were to install :)

Attachments

• CAM01827[1].jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 584
Got mine with the discount In February D450 coated for $746 including taxes.
You can ask waggins how hard they were to install :)

installing the headers is next on my list (after I fix the oilpan)
anyone have any suggestions or tips to make it easier ?

Just ordered a set from jegs they price matched autozone. Used prom20 code. Estimated shipping date is May 5th. Drop shipping from the manufacture. Summit wouldn't do it.

-
Back