20" super turbo mufflers VS quiet flow

-

rustytoolss

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how much difference there is between the Dynomax Super turbo mufflers 20" case 17748....and the Walker Quiet flow mufflers? I'm looking for less sound. Don't care so much about flow.

Which number Quiet Flow and I'll take a stab at it. They will be much quieter for sure.

Quite flows are about a stock muffler that move more air and have a very very light sound to them. You can hear it, if you listen for it, and it'll open up a very little bit when you hit it. I do not have a sound bit or video, but I used 2 of them so far. 1 on my '03 Dak 4X4 V6 and the wife's '99 - 5.9 Magnum Durango.

Mouse quite for the most part.

I'd do a muffler from Tom. Ask him what he has.

From an expert pal of mine regarding the two mufflers: "there is a considerable difference in sound but the flow rate of the 21860 is lower than the 17748... one benefit of the QF is the 21860 is stainless steel".

Hope this helps.
Tom

From an expert pal of mine regarding the two mufflers: "there is a considerable difference in sound but the flow rate of the 21860 is lower than the 17748... one benefit of the QF is the 21860 is stainless steel".

Hope this helps.
Tom

Thanks for the info. As far as flow goes, I've only got a 273/ and with duals I can't see that much of a problem. 2.5 in/2.5out

Rusty the 21860 is 5" longer so be careful about the fitment. They will be very tight if not impossible to fit under an a-body and still tuck up nicely.
Tom

Rusty the 21860 is 5" longer so be careful about the fitment. They will be very tight if not impossible to fit under an a-body and still tuck up nicely.
Tom

Yeah I know about the length. I'm working on a 64 Dodge A100 pickup.

Heck, then go big my friend! As long and as huge as you can get Rusty!
Tom

-
Back