20 years wondering no more

-
me n my parents,,1971,with her 68 gts convertible
Dart pix 3.jpg

same car 45 yrs later, my mom seeing for the first time since they sold it. she stormed the woods!
IMG_0168.jpg

its cool to talk to the current owner of your old car but not cool to hound and pressure him or her to sell it back.

i say that only because i have a dart and a previous owner had an old registration and was able to track the car to me. He was hounding me and pressuring me to sell it back, but i don't want to. i dont think it's fair for me to be on guilt trip for buying a car fair and square when anyone had a chance at it when it was for sale before i got it.

i finally had to ask him to leave and not come back.

i had told him if it ever did come up for sale i would give him first shot but that was not enough and now, no way.

not trying to negative but just be careful and if it is meant, then it will happen.

definitely agree with not being a pest, but i sure hope penstarpurist at least gets a chance to talk to the owner, and with some good luck, be able to purchase it back. i was lucky enough that the lady who had my moms dart on her property was thrilled that somebody actually wanted to take it off her property, and got teary right along with my mom,,as she could see how much that ol car meant to us,,and as a favour,,i also loaded up all the dead tires scattered about,and a bunch of old junk ,to help her clean the place up. we were NEVER expecting to get the car back,,,my quest was mostly just to see what had ever happened or where it had finally ended up. i hope penstarpurist keeps up the hunt and finds his car, and doesnt let a few hiccups get in the way of keeping his search alive.

No. Life has just been so busy. I haven't given up on the dream, I did tell my wife a few months ago before we started the remodel on our home and finishing of my shop, rather than remodel the house we go seek out the car again in the area we last saw it and put down a 25/30k offer and drive it home if the owner takes the money. Lol, she said it would be a dream to have it back, but she wanted to go with remodeling the house. And I wasn't giving up my shop finishing budget. So, I am going to keep the dream alive and maybe have an A-body liquidation sale (not my big block duster). I really want to ultimately surprise my wife and find the car again, hopefully have enough cash in hand that day and bring it home. Park it in my shop and wait to see her reaction when she gets behind the wheel of her first car again. It's the reason my sons wont sell any of their cars. Said they have heard way too many stories of the cars that people sold and regretted years later. That and their hoarding pack rats of automobiles like their dad. Hehe.

No. Life has just been so busy. I haven't given up on the dream, I did tell my wife a few months ago before we started the remodel on our home and finishing of my shop, rather than remodel the house we go seek out the car again in the area we last saw it and put down a 25/30k offer and drive it home if the owner takes the money. Lol, she said it would be a dream to have it back, but she wanted to go with remodeling the house. And I wasn't giving up my shop finishing budget. So, I am going to keep the dream alive and maybe have an A-body liquidation sale (not my big block duster). I really want to ultimately surprise my wife and find the car again, hopefully have enough cash in hand that day and bring it home. Park it in my shop and wait to see her reaction when she gets behind the wheel of her first car again. It's the reason my sons wont sell any of their cars. Said they have heard way too many stories of the cars that people sold and regretted years later. That and their hoarding pack rats of automobiles like their dad. Hehe.
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear your plan!! That would be so cool if you could make that happen. I hear ya about life and real things getting the way, it just goes that way sometimes. Good luck on getting it or at least finding it again and talking with the owner.

Since this is resurrected. First I'd like to say. I hope this somehow someway works out for you and the wife. I'd love to read a sweet reunited story. I have a pretty good one of how I married my wife of now 36yrs. But that's another time. Second, but on a little negative side. I'd like to state that if you have that thought to ask "that buddy" to "run" something for you. Please, please don't put them in that position. It's against policy and it breaks countless laws. It's like the nurses that look up celebrity medical information without a medical requirement. They get fired. The premise is: You wouldn't like it if someone looked up your information from a secure database to provided it to someone else without a legal reason. There are other ways. Do you happen to have the name of the guy you sold it to? Run his name for free through Familytreenow.com. It will give you a ton of information. Phone numbers, addresses, family members and so on.

Yeah, I wouldn't ask anyone to do any unethical or illegal searches for me. I'd just cruise back to the area I saw it last and knock on the door. Maybe join a forum and post asking anyone if they own this car, add the pictures I have of it, hit up car shows in the area. Do the leg work old school, makes it more worthwhile that way.

-
Back