2004 Dodge Neon ?

-

64conv65hard

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Son has a 2004 Dodge Neon that is losing coolant. Just took a look at it and there is a drain hose coming thru the firewall on passenger side with coolant leaking from it. My guess is the heater core but I'm curious if they have some kind of drain pan for the heater core in case it does leak and then it will not drain onto the passenger floor? Any suggestions or knowledge would be helpful. Thanks............kevin

Are you sure it's coolant? Is the level going down in the radiator?

On cars with AC you will have a condensation drain line…. Almost sounds like what you are talking about. (This is normal)

If the fluid is antifreeze, you will need to track down the leak.

Yes, there is coolant coming out of the drain hose that comes thru the firewall on the passenger side. Is there some kind of drain pan under the heater core that this hose connects to? Yes, he is losing coolant.

I was hoping to find out if it was the heater core before I started tearing things apart. Usually when the heater core went bad it would drip on the passenger floor but was wondering if that's why there's a drain now to keep that from happening. I would have thought a heater core would have lasted longer than 6 years also.

-
Back