2005 Chrysler 300-I had the chance to test drive one today.

-

gossame1

Reaction score
Hello again Gang!

Just thought I'd check in and see what is goin' on. Today I had some time to play around with. I went down to the local Chrysler dealer in my area and had the chance to look at and test drive a new 2005 Chrysler 300 sedan. The only option the car had was the traction control package, (ABS, Emergency braking assist, and a few other additions) The car I had looked at was the Cool Vanilla. The car seemed to have some decent power behind it (even though it only had a 2.7 liter 6 cylinder engine) The car had a 4 speed automatic transmission and dark grey interior. I know that these are not "A" bodies, but they look like the older Chrysler products that we all know and love :). My first impression is that Chrysler seemed to get their act together and came up with the best car in a VERY long time. One of the things that I didn't like about the car is the lack of a full size spare tire. I was thinking because of the weight and being rear wheel drive the car could suffer having a 'donut' tire on the drive wheels, (in the event of having a flat in one of the rear wheels)

I saw the 300 at the Philadelphia Auto Show last January for the first time. I haven't had the chance to drive the HEMI but it probably would give a good run for the money.

I have a nice article from Road & Track (front page pic) that rates the 300 V/6 very high. I think the Caddie was number 1 but the Chysler 300 did well on the tests. I think it ranked 2nd out of 7 cars. They have built a nice auto in the 300. We will probably look at it when we replace my wife's car.

There is a Chrysler dealer just down the road from my dealership. I have a friend who works there. He came over to my store yesterday with a Hemi powered magnum station wagon. It will flat blow the tires off! I was pretty impressed how fast it is considering how heavy they are. He said the Hemi powered 300C is even faster.

i'm going 7/11/04 to e-town to test drive a hemi powered 300 on their road course, and then a competitors car for comparison. all car manufacturor are doing this i hear. you can go to chrystler.com and look under events to find one near you. i understand porche had one at the nj meadowlands course about a month ago. pretty neat. go down and drive these things on a tracks road course. they make a day of it, wine tasteing, bbq. all on their dime.

I've heard from people who have driven the new 300C. Everyone says that car flat out flies! Said the ride and handling were exceptional. I saw a short video of one - it is in a shallow power slide, rear tires smoking. Then it takes off in a straight line and smokes the tires for a long, long way! Not sure I see the resemblance in it to any of the older Mopars we all love, though.

dave

I should handle as good as a Mercedes E-Class, they use the same suspension. Just like the Crossfire is a SLK with different sheetmetal, the 300 is an E-Class with different sheetmetal and engine. Pretty cool combination :thumrigh: I always wanted a Mercedes with a Hemi :cheers: :D

-
Back