2007 Caliber, What you guys think of them?

-

briankaplan

greenduster
Reaction score
Going to look a SXT in sunburst orange. What is everyone's opinion on
them? Anything I should look for? It's at a dealer.
Going to be the wife's daily driver. WE sold the Dak R/T. Yeah Ha!

Some will tell you that they are junk,crap,p.o.s.Do some reserch and you will find that they have a KIA/Hundai engine/driveline.Not that there is anything wrong with that. My Sister in law bought one new in 07 and has beaten it to death and is harder than anyone on a car and hers keeps on going. 2 cents from a dime....

They look like a mini Pontiac Aztec. Mopar or no car does not fit for me when it comes to the Caliber, I would rather walk.

My wife has an 07 we bought as a demo in 07 and she likes it just fine. I myself do not care for the cvt transmission but other than that we have had no problems from it. Just don't expect much performance from it and the gas mileage isn't great for the class of car it is.

When Chrysler replaced the Neon with the Caliber it was a BIG mistake - in my opinion. I don't care for them at all.

Check the internet for problems. Daughter-in-law has one and ran into very expensive repairs for rear suspension and car only had a little over 90,000 Kilometers!

It's nowhere near what the Neon was, IMO. That's not to say that it's a bad car, though.

Rented one when I was in hawaii I really liked it. almost bought one when we came back from hawaii but ended up with a dodge avenger instead.

I also rented one and I didn't care for it. If you need ample space then forget it. Seemed very cheaply built. I know they are inexpensive cars but it just seemed a little turdy.

There's a lot of different engine and trans combos if I remember correctly, that can make a big difference. I remember looking at one for my mom and we didn't get it 'cause I thought the interior seemed really really cheap, almost crappy; I figured that it would be impossible to re-sell if we needed to. She got a Chrysler 300 for just a bit more money.

I like buying used Chryslers because the re-sale is so low. I bought a used minivan four years ago and it was half the price as the same year and mileage Pontiac Aztek.

I have an 07 R/T and my son has an 08 SRT. The only problem we have had with them is the suspension bushings and ball joints wore out. I changed out all the parts myself so it wasn't too much money but it was a lot of work. I did mine at 90,000 miles, his at 30,000 but he runs 11's. The trick to good gas mileage with a CVT is to get the torque converter to lock up at a low speed and then keep the revs down. It takes a while to get use to, but 30 MPG is easy with the 2.0.

girlfriend has an 08 caliber..

I have a hard time getting comfortable in the seats...but i have a hard time with a lot of vehicles from chrysler. The rear drum brakes are a pita. I have not done too much work on the caliber for her, I do not mind the car for what it is.

she does a lot of miles with the car and it seems damn good on fuel, but i am used to pickups at 15-20 mpg

I bought a slightly wrecked '07 and repaired it. It has the 1.8 with a 5 speed. Not much power on the hills but it gets mid 30's doing short trips around here, which is great. It has almost 90,*** miles on it and the front end is beginning to rattle on gravel roads so I need to get that looked at. It's quiet on the highway.
Dallas

-
Back