2008 Challenger tested by Motortrend

-
And whats it going to cost $40k plus...13.1 for $40k..yes that sounds like a bargain..lol...

Are you kidding? 13.1, AWESOME handling like you will NEVER see in most 13 second cars, comfort, relaibility, and a warranty. Sounds like an awesome deal to me.

Well for 40k plus i would surely hope a new car was more comfortable got better gas mileage ect..then my 38 year old car and my seat is quite comfortable too:-D but i'm usually only in for 11 seconds not enough time to get a sore butt,and i doubt anyone who will be owning one of those plastic wannabes will be laughing at anyone driving a "real" muscle/performance car for any reason..13.1 i've forgotten how it feels to go that slow but i know when i did it surely did'nt cost me anywhere 40k...

Try to follow one through some turns and see who will be laughing. It is not meant to be a drag car and judging it by only those standards is silly. That is like saying a '68 Super Stock Barracuda is crap because it doesn't hold 1G on the skidpad.

Thrashard,there is NO comparison between my duster and the new challenger..but why don't you go buy one when they come and we'll race for titles,i'll even make the race fair for you i'll pull 2 plugs wire off and run on only 6 cylinders,give you a 6 car lead,and still blow the doors off that plastic wannabe

Dodgenut64.you won't find a '70 duster in the bluebook it's in the "white" book for collector/classic cars..by the way mines appraised/insured /valued at 30k thats about 10 times what it cost new..not bad..oh and yes its VERY streetable.. drive it coast to coast no can't do it gas bill alone would kill me..

Sure. I'll meet you at Summit Point or Mid Ohio and we'll go for titles. In fact, I'll meet you there with a 4 cylinder Shelby GLHS and we'll go for titles.

340srule. I do not mean to be hard on you but it is silly to trash an awesome car because it is not something that it is not meant to be. How would you react to someone who said your car was crap because your lap times around a road course had to be timed with a calender?

:happy1: MY 2 1/2 cents

Hey I think all of you guys and gals have great and very nice cars! That is why we have A bodies right? This is just a late model last ha rah muscle car before cafe licks in! Same thing happened in 71-74 then the cars disapeared. I am just glad they are making something nicer than a dam Vega or pinto, dodge colt this time around. Now a days you do get handling, better ride, and creature comforts . You really can not compare the 2 right? They add all this crap ie stuff beasue how do you really run with a 400 6pack, or a 426 hemi that has more like 500 ft tq, and the old race hemi and early hemis were not 425, that was an insurance cover up. Hell I saw many of them on the dyno at most were in the 500-530 HP range at the crank! So they gotta o something for 40K right? Big stereos, leather etc..

Sure it is fast top end, pretty quick to for a full smog legal car, and has all the extra crap to make it crash safety compliant. Stops on a dime too( like that) Still it weighs about 4100 with the srt8, 3650 with a v-6. The ol car was about 4" wider in boby panel width, but tracking was narrower , and the new car is about 5" longer in wheel base, and roof line is like 5" higher too. The ol car 70 with a big block and all accesroies was arount 3800, 383 basic models about 3400.

All is all is is a nice looking ride for the package, hell you can pay 35-40k for a darn toyo.. or chev malibu these days I wont go there and do not want to offend.

But I still like the sound of our old school muscle cars. Nothing like the sound of a tight 340, a stroker or a nasty big block rumping at a 1000 rpm idle, and instanly revs to 6k with a snap of the gas!

Well just remember, all our cars are great, just diver in application, can not compare apples and oranges right>>> take care all!

...........my seat is quite comfortable too:-D but i'm usually only in for 11 seconds not enough time to get a sore butt,and i doubt anyone who will be owning one of those plastic wannabes .........

Geez... here we go again. :roll:

Some people come here to interact. Some people come here to argue.
And the sad part is, the people whom WANT to interact usually are the ones to go away and the big mouths hang around forever....and never contribute a single helpful piece of advice other than opinion and one-sided facts.

Let's see how long it's going to be before I'm forced to pull the plug on this friendly debate amongst fellow enthusiasts..... :angry7:

340srule, Do me a favor, Take your I'm holier then thou attitude and go some were else. Every single thread of yours is the same thing, "My Duster is better then anything" "My opinion is all that matter". 6000 plus members here have become a close family and you feel the need to be the pot stirrer.

Thrashard,there is NO comparison between my duster and the new challenger..but why don't you go buy one when they come and we'll race for titles,i'll even make the race fair for you i'll pull 2 plugs wire off and run on only 6 cylinders,give you a 6 car lead,and still blow the doors off that plastic wannabe

I've got an even bigger '06 SRT8 Charger, and I'd LOVE to take you up on THIS wager ... Name the track, bring your title and let's do it, I'd love to add another Duster to the garage...

Dude, it's obvious you hate the new technology, but take it from someone who owns and drives both.. They each have their good and bad points, but I'd drive my Charger on a daily basis anytime ... Is it really necessary to bash the newer stuff in every post of yours?

So let me know when you wanna sign that title over?

Kenny

First of all, don't esculate on-line flame wars and feed the fire. Your a in-frequent poster here so I'll remind ALL of you: Don't argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Second: Your calling out someone whom is no longer a member here. Save your grudge race for another day.

Third: It's a BEAUTIFUL day here in N.Y.C. It's perfect for a B-B-Q...let's all treat it as such. That's where I want to see the flames.... 8)

-
Back