2009 5.7 swap no low side drivers

-

rm21h8a

Reaction score
I have played with this harness and tried everything I can think of. I have no low side drivers on the coils or the injectors. I also have no low side driver to actuate the starter relay. I have all asd outputs to injectors and coils. The engine is a 2012 but I am using a 2009 dr (truck) pcm and harness. I have hp tuners and have disabled skim I have no dtcs other than o2s because they are not currently in. I have grounded the brake switch to pcm input. I have grounded the trans range sensor input for park/neutral. when manually making the engine crank the asd kicks back on as its supposed to but still no low side drivers on anything. Anyone used a factory harness and pcm on an eagle motor?

Are you running the start signal from the ign switch to the PCM and having the PCM control starting? I had a similar issue on the 2005 PCM, it won't power the asd after the initial 2 seconds until it sees start request and rpm, jumping the starter won't start it. I haven't looked into the eagle style stuff yet, I'll look at a schematic when I get a chance.

Edit, I think it powered the asd, but wouldn't pulse the injectors, I can't remember for sure, but I pulled my hair out for a few days at least!

I'm not sure if you are using the TIPM from the ram, but it looks like it needs a signal from the hood ajar switch, may try jumping those terminals.

Im not using the tipm i wired asd relay starter relay and fuel pump relay external like we are doing the r09 recalls. Im just not sure what pcm is looking for it say its ok to start. Ive been beating my head against a wall and staring at diagrams for hours

How are you doing the ignition switch? Are you using the original switch duster switch, or the newer stuff? You may try bypassing the ignition switch with a toggle and a separate push button to see if your original switch is cutting ignition power during cranking. I don't know what else it would be looking for than brake and range switch, so don't feel bad :) Unless its looking for something else from the bcm or something, I think that would be all it would need to enable cranking.

The only thing pcm looks for on can c bus is the tipm inputs to start. I tried a while back to use witech but it wont see the pcm unless tipm is there. I have 12v constant to pin 10 and 29. pin 11 run/start I have from the factory switch (The factory electronic ignition cars have a start circuit other than the one to operate the starter relay). I have however not tried pin 12 is the off/run/start. I have had it on switched 12v. Im wondering if pin 12 needs power at all times and that is what tells the pcm to actuate the low side driver for the starter circuit.

That could be, I'd have to look at the schematic again, but that sounds reasonable. I had a similar pin that I hooked up to 12v all the time just to get it running. Then I forgot to put it on a switched circuit and had a huge parasitic draw, pcm never went to sleep:) It was a last minute get running kind of fix, so it may be similar to what you are doing. Building the harness had a little trial and error in it for me, I wish I could remember it better!

There has definately been some trial and error going on here lol. If i had to do it over i would have used an older engine. I talked to someone at either modern or bouchillion awhile back and all they would tell me for the eagle stuff is its how it is wired and your only option is an 09 pcm without diagnostic can c.

-
Back