2009 Challenger R/T

-
add another 10k dealer mark up to this..

check out this thread. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=38547

streetrodstore6-14-08130.jpg

I've got news on that subject...having recently left the car biz. Most dealerships that are lucky enough to have something like this that will sell for a hunk over sticker will only give a token amount to the salesperson involved.

Case in point. The last place I left had 3 Challengers coming, with two already "sold" for $10K over. They paid the salesperson 10%. same at a Ford store near me that sold a couple of GTs. In that case it was more money, cause they sold for more than $25K over. Still, you would think the dealerships would treat their salespeople better.

But they don't. Most look at the sales staff as a "consumable" to be eaten and spit out. They don't care if you're their top salesman or not....which is why I got out.Top in sales. Promises made and then not kept. They flat didn't care if I stayed.
I see you are in Texas where I'll bet it was a big dealership. Check-out getmeadodge.com, that is me and my son in the video. We have a total of 8.5 employees including a part-time girl, my son & myself. I know how most dealers treat their employees but I'm not one of them. I would be happy to get 10K over, I may settle for less we'll see.

Was a family owned store. The oldest Dodge dealership in the area. But about a year before I left, the old man had a stroke. His grandson who was the CFO and a lil Nazi basically took over. Might know numbers, but don't know **** about running a dealership. I left there in September. They closed their doors this month.

There's good dealers and there's bad dealers. Same in every business, you choose who you are going to work for.

As for the Challenger, I say it's a nice car. After the initial run is out and the
'09 models are out prices will moderate. I'm just glad to see Chrysler making a 2 door RWD performance car again.

I've got news on that subject...having recently left the car biz. Most dealerships that are lucky enough to have something like this that will sell for a hunk over sticker will only give a token amount to the salesperson involved.

Case in point. The last place I left had 3 Challengers coming, with two already "sold" for $10K over. They paid the salesperson 10%. same at a Ford store near me that sold a couple of GTs. In that case it was more money, cause they sold for more than $25K over. Still, you would think the dealerships would treat their salespeople better.

But they don't. Most look at the sales staff as a "consumable" to be eaten and spit out. They don't care if you're their top salesman or not....which is why I got out.Top in sales. Promises made and then not kept. They flat didn't care if I stayed.

There are good dealers and there are bad dealers, as with any business. You choose who you want to work for.

As for the Challenger I think it's a great car. When the 2010 models come out prices will moderate. I for one am just glad to see Chrysler making a 2 door RWD performance car again.

BTW did any one see where a Chrysler exec stated they had $9 billion in cash? They are in good shape despite the current economy and what ever the prognosticators may say. Being a privately held company they don't have to report their profits or answer to stockholders anymore.

-
Back