2009 Not My Best Year

-

CudaFS1

Reaction score
I've been going through an IRS audit for the past 2-1/2 months. Their going through my records for the 3rd time. (guess they can't find anything) Meanwhile my accountant is charging me $100.00 for every hr. he puts into this. It is getting old fast.

Monday morning at about 5:45AM, I got a call from a friend in the neighborhood of my business, telling me my building was on fire. Seems there was a lovers quarrel, the guy stole his girlfriends car parked it behind my building and torched it.

They say bad news comes in threes I wonder what's next.

S5031337.jpg

DSCN2367.jpg

DSCN2369.jpg

Sorry to hear about your aggrevations.Number three is the actual bill from the accountant.He should be doing it for free;he represents you and does your books.Correct?He needs to take responsibility if he's screwed something up.Mr.Lover should have driven into a lake...and stayed in the car.

You aren't one of the lovers involved are you ?
Just trying to make you smile :)
When I'm feeling down about my luck I watch the nightly news, etc...
I always find worse things happening to better people. LOL
Good luck.... pray for it.

Sorry to hear about your aggrevations.Number three is the actual bill from the accountant.He should be doing it for free;he represents you and does your books.Correct?He needs to take responsibility if he's screwed something up.Mr.Lover should have driven into a lake...and stayed in the car.

It's not anything he screwed up. It's just a routine IRS audit. I just got an arrogant IRS agent who won't give up till he finds something. My accountant does guarantee his accounting work, but the agent is trying to prove that I'm skimming, or that I have a cash business on the side that I'm not claiming. He's also trying to prove that I'm taking illegal deductions (ie vehicle expenses, supplies etc.) So when an accountant is doing what you might hire a lawyer to do he has to charge for it.

You aren't one of the lovers involved are you ?
Just trying to make you smile :)
When I'm feeling down about my luck I watch the nightly news, etc...
I always find worse things happening to better people. LOL
Good luck.... pray for it.

You did get me to LOL RedFish. If I was I wouldn't do any thing close to home. If my wife found out I would wake up DEAD!
Your right about the news a family lost their house & all their possession the day before my incident. Mines an inconvenience.

Damn, I'm not having the best year either. Got laid off from my job due to the economy right before X-mas, got denied for unemployment, having health issue's, money issues, ect. I can relate. But having your business burned up like that, and be audited for that long must be really lame. Being audited is like having a full rectal exam.

Damn...when it rains it pours. Hope things get back on track for you real soon.

I know how you feel, I'm dealing with the Canadian version of the IRS now myself, they don't play fair, I have a long fight ahead of me by the looks of it. The worst part is I have to shell over a small fortune first in case I lose, they charge a fortune in interest and the meter will be running while I fight the fight :cussing:

I went thru the IRS thing last year. Supposedly they can only audit you back 3 years BUT, if the "suspect" that you may be defruading Uncle Sugar then they can go back as far as necessary to prove their case. All IRS auditors are pricks. You don't get hired for the job unless you are a big one! They went back to 1987 (the year I retired from the Army and started my business) on mine. Same as you, IRS claimed I was running a cash business on the side and not paying taxes on the cash receipts, etc. $12k and 6 months later they finally gave me a clean bill then started all over again 3 months later because they said my state taxes did not match my federal. Well of course not, its different rates.... So, another $4k and 2 months to get that cleared up. Put a big crimp on my spending. Bad part is there is no way to claim the amount you pay your accountant as a tax write-off. I tried and its a no-go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am burning up just reading this Why, in the name of God, do free men allow our governments to treat us like this? Those scumbags, politicians and worker bee bureaucrats, work for us. The federal government, at least in the USA, was created by the states to serve the states and the public at large. I must ask, who serves who, now? :bootysha:...to the IRS!

CudaFS1 sorry to hear about your troubles, My year was last year. Hope things turn around for you soon. Those tax men should be strung up it pisses me off what they get away with and they take months to correct it. If we make a mistake they want it fixed yesterday!:angryfir:

Damn, I'm not having the best year either. Got laid off from my job due to the economy right before X-mas, got denied for unemployment, having health issue's, money issues, ect. I can relate. But having your business burned up like that, and be audited for that long must be really lame. Being audited is like having a full rectal exam.

That's a good description of the audit. I hope your health issues have been resolved. This economy has hit all of us little guys. A lot of guys getting laid off, the self employed guys working a lot harder to find enough work to stay in business. I wish the powers that bee would just leave the economy alone. I think it would fix itself faster.

I went thru the IRS thing last year. Supposedly they can only audit you back 3 years BUT, if the "suspect" that you may be defruading Uncle Sugar then they can go back as far as necessary to prove their case. All IRS auditors are pricks. You don't get hired for the job unless you are a big one! They went back to 1987 (the year I retired from the Army and started my business) on mine. Same as you, IRS claimed I was running a cash business on the side and not paying taxes on the cash receipts, etc. $12k and 6 months later they finally gave me a clean bill then started all over again 3 months later because they said my state taxes did not match my federal. Well of course not, its different rates.... So, another $4k and 2 months to get that cleared up. Put a big crimp on my spending. Bad part is there is no way to claim the amount you pay your accountant as a tax write-off. I tried and its a no-go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First THANKS! for your service to our country. That really sucks, you give that much of your life in service to our country. Then the KGB I mean IRS screws with you like that. It's like they were trying to bankrupt you.

I am burning up just reading this Why, in the name of God, do free men allow our governments to treat us like this? Those scumbags, politicians and worker bee bureaucrats, work for us. The federal government, at least in the USA, was created by the states to serve the states and the public at large. I must ask, who serves who, now? :bootysha:...to the IRS!

You are absolutely correct! It has taken a lot of years but the Gov. has turned it around totally backwards.

I told the IRS agent "You come in here accusing me of cheating on my taxes and leave it up to me to defend myself. That's contradictory to the law of the land. What happened to innocent until proven guilty." He said "That's not the way the IRS works." That's backwards.

CudaFS1 sorry to hear about your troubles, My year was last year. Hope things turn around for you soon. Those tax men should be strung up it pisses me off what they get away with and they take months to correct it. If we make a mistake they want it fixed yesterday!:angryfir:

I hope they didn't screw you around to much. No matter how you come out on an audit you lose, when you look at the time and cost of defending yourself when your not guilty.

-
Back