200MPH Dodge In 1970

-
Cool article. Thanks for the link. I wouldn't expect any less from Buddy Baker and Dodge. tmm

Yeah, I remember Hotrod magazine had an article about that back in the day. the also did another story about it back in 1977 or so.

Yeah, I remember Hotrod magazine had an article about that back in the day. the also did another story about it back in 1977 or so.

Must have been something to been in that era... i can only catch vids like this and limited reading. I am so envious about you guys that got to live those days, the racing breaking records by the day... just amazing...

:burnout:

On bias ply tires with an archaic suspension by today's standards. You had to be a man to drive those cars. I wanna see gheyboy Gordon do it.

DITTO!

And the cars didn't look like they all came from the same cookie cutter either.

And you could buy a car off the showroom similiar to what they were racing that weekend.... Hence the saying, "win on Sunday, sell on Monday."

In the Petty Blue video, they interview Lee Petty and he says, "I can buy a new Plymouth off of the showroom for $800 and be able to win a race with it that weekend." He's talking about the mid 50's when Nascar and Daytona were first starting out.

Cool video!!! Love the rumble of a HEMI!

Old News for us "old guys",...watch NHRA instead,...at least you can still watch "psuedo" MoPars and walk the pits....just sayin...

How does this fit in with Bobby Isaac doing 199.699 on at Talledega? (#71 K&K Insurance car). Was this before or after that?

Pretty sure that was before,..Don't hold me to that,...I didn't watch the video. but I had read about this before..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G-OH5xnv_s"]DODGE DAYTONA - PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD - FORD GRAN TORINO TALADEGA - Nascar - corrida entre 1969 - 1971 - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back