2010 Superbird???????

is this a good idea?

• Great idea!

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Bad idea!

Votes: 34 60.7%
  • Could be a good idea, but needs more work.....

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Undecided...Hummm?

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
dont think mopar will build it, there is no reason for it, there was a reason in 69´but i cant see nascar alowing them

I think this super turd looks like across between a fiero and a caddy. Kids put wings on just about every production car. To me, this looks like some weekend bolt on project POS!!!!!! Not well thought out and from the sound of it here it will not be a popular car. Not for me!

Why can't they just make a freakin Road Runner?! Why can't they make something like the SRT-4 was except with a V8 and TWO DOORS. Yeah, yeah, I know they make SRT-8's, but they're luxo barges(that still haul ***) but they have way too many standard feauturs, two too many doors, and you can't even get a manual! UGH! Take two doors off the Charger, sell it for 25K with a 5.7 and a 5 or 6 SPEED MANUAL, and call it they could get away with calling it a Road Runner.

Um, I seriously thought it was a joke. You mean they weren't kidding? Wasn't it bad enough that they put the Daytona name on a brick of a truck?

70satvert said:
Why can't they just make a freakin Road Runner?! Why can't they make something like the SRT-4 was except with a V8 and TWO DOORS. Yeah, yeah, I know they make SRT-8's, but they're luxo barges(that still haul ***) but they have way too many standard feauturs, two too many doors, and you can't even get a manual! UGH! Take two doors off the Charger, sell it for 25K with a 5.7 and a 5 or 6 SPEED MANUAL, and call it they could get away with calling it a Road Runner.

The $25 probably won't happen ... $27-28 to compete with the Mustang might be just the ticket - fitted just about the way you stated.

MA Mopar needs to stop this...there isnt even a Plymouth anymore...which i think is BS...the new "chrysler aspen"? come on...4 door charger? magnum...dont get me wrong they are nice vehicles but come up with a name that isnt insulting our hot rodding fore fathers!!!! and the old aspen, charger, and magnum ran circles around the new ones....the only thing remotley close to comparison is the 300...still built for luxury as was the old...whoa, kinda on my soapbox...sorry guys..No to the Superbird... :cussing:

1) it is ugly

2) heritage does not have sequeals

3) It looks like a Nissan with a wing

4) on the plus side, at least it is not a fugly-4-door

5) not matter what I could never afford one anyway so there you go.

My $0.02 -LY

ibleedmoparts said:
MA Mopar needs to stop this...there isnt even a Plymouth anymore...which i think is BS...the new "chrysler aspen"? come on...4 door charger? magnum...dont get me wrong they are nice vehicles but come up with a name that isnt insulting our hot rodding fore fathers!!!! and the old aspen, charger, and magnum ran circles around the new ones....the only thing remotley close to comparison is the 300...still built for luxury as was the old...whoa, kinda on my soapbox...sorry guys..No to the Superbird... :cussing:

Dude are you kiddin me? The new models stock vs. stock outperform their respective (in)famous counterparts all day long. I do agree with everything else 100%

40 years later i would hope so...i have a 5.7 hemi i am putting in my dart so i am very aware of that...

ibleedmoparts said:
I could care less that they are using the Aspen name over, as a matter of fact I think the Aspen name fits a SUV style vehicle better than on a car. And as for the first Magnum it was no more than a small block Cordoba. I'll bet any amount of money that a 3.5 liter new Magnum will smoke an old one.

Your other points... right on the money.

My father had a 78XE Magnum with a 400 so ill have to argue the Cordoba with a small block.... far as performance, i know this...if mopar technology has advanced a lot since the 78/79 Magnum. Im glad theyve taken the route they have...im steppin into the New Hemi world and with minimum changes i can far exceed factory 426 numbers...so im super glad Ma has used her R&D dept like she has. As for name usage, man it just burns me is all...like the 80's FWD Daytona..thats not a Daytona...Just like a mustang...when u think of Mustang you think of a pony car, not the 74-78 Pinto/Mustang...guess im just stuck in the old ways...

what i like about this is that i missed out on the first gen stuff, can't afford at all now or ever. maybe when this stuff is used i will be able tobuy it.

that is just plain gross...I saw the same article and thought it's a joke..?????

Looks like Ma Mopar revived the 92ish Toronado and stuck a piece of crap wing on it.

crap.jpg

If they are going to bring back the bird then let's not have it look like a turd

Hell with a little bit of photoshop experience and a tad bit of artistic talent I came up with this. Whatcha think?

Made it a two door, added a wing, lowered it some, added hood pins and added an extra body line to the bumper, extended the car rear back about another 6 inches. And oh yeah, added some deflectors to the window pillars.

2009 Daytonasmall.JPG

I thought someone here could come up with a much better approch..Send it in dude! Couldn't hurt.. :headbang:
PS I'm sending it to my son anyways.

Send that one to DC GSS...a 2 door, lowered and i bet yours sports a hemi? keep your ideas comin! :headbang:

what i was thinking they should make a little car like the neon(SRT-4)put a hemi in it an call it a Dart!that would be bad!

-
Back