2011 5.7 ram on 6.4 shortblock

-

Javier Wilde

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
As the title say i got a 2012 (here in chile) dodge ram sport (reg cab) and i use it fot offroad application. But i few weeks ago, it rained hard here and my wife drove it to the market and the engine stop breathing....water throu the intake...#7 and #8 connecting rod broke and one made a 2x1 inch hole in the block. So i need a shortblock for my poorly truck and i need to know if the mopar 392 shortblock will fit in my heads. (mopar part number RL086560AB o http://www.mopar.com/part/RL086564AB?s=335643&i=1973412&b=dodge)

Thanks alot.

Javier.

Your stuck man, there is no tuning available for 2011+ stuff. Your best bet is to replace it with a stock shortblock. Maybe forge it in preparation for tuning in the future. Then you can run nitrous or a blower.

If you are talking to me, I know there IS tuning, but it is really just basic stuff. Right now WE are working on basic bolt on tunes. We havent put anything beyond heads on anything 2011+ because it takes so much to do the tunes it really isn't worth the effort yet.

Your stuck man, there is no tuning available for 2011+ stuff. Your best bet is to replace it with a stock shortblock. Maybe forge it in preparation for tuning in the future. Then you can run nitrous or a blower.

But i also bought 34.5 inyectors from srt8 6.1 engine....i want to know if shortblock will fit on my heads, engine bay, tranny, etc.

You say that o2 wont be able to fix the extra displasment in open loop?. Actually i was worry to run lean at wot.

Swap the computer to an 09 or 10 and drop the 329 shortblock in. Look on dodgetalk in the 4th gen section guys have done it, the computer will require a trip to B&G to be flashed with your VIN. But it is possible.

Ok. Im gonna do it anyway. I say o2, knock sensor and map will fix the injection map and should run 14.7 in normal operation and near 12.5 at wot adjusting the timing to. Ill be updating the result soon. Thanks.

Javier.

-
Back