2011 dodge ram reviews needed

-
In November i picked up a 2010 Power Wagon, and love it. 10 1/2 to 11 1/2 MPG. Plenty of power, and dont seem to have any issues with rattling or such. It came with some options that i didnt want, but ill deal with it. It has power adjust pedals, and remote start. One thing to note is that when you use the remote start often it really kills the MPG calculation on the factory computer. With the 4.56 ring and pinions, i dont see it getting much better than 12MPG.

Our 2010 Ram has gotton around 13mpg in the city and 17+ in the highway. We LOVE our truck and it hauls the family and all the baseball / soccer gear easily. We also tow a utility trailer with 3 ATV's and 2 dirtbikes along with a couple days worth of gas, firewood, large coolers, and all associated camping equipment without any issues. It not onlu hauls a load well but it also hauls down the road!, Love that Hemi! I recommend this truck to everyone. I've owned a 97 with a 5.9 and an 07 with the 4.7, loved them all but this 2010 is by far the best!

Attachments

• bed driver side flap.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 148
  • Front pass fender.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 144
I like my '11, ride is amazing for a truck, super quiet. I get 13.5mpg of pure city/rush hour driving, on the highway its closer to 19.

I bought a 2010 in November. My previous truck was an '05 Ram 1500 2wd, r/c, s/b, with a 4.7, auto. I drove it for 60,*** miles with no problems except for a brief pinion seal leak which quit leaking before I got it in to the dealer to have it checked out. I used it to pull a car trailer a few times and it had adequate power. Most of my driving is shorter trips of 5-25 miles with very few long trips and very few 'city' miles, just short drives in small towns when I haul parts. The '05 got 16-17 in the summer and 14-15 in the winter. I might have gotten 18 a couple of times but it didn't happen often. I had planned to drive the '05 for 10 years but only owned it for a little over 5 years when I 'accidently' sold it after pricing it to a relative who I really didn't think would buy it.

I liked the '05 but I LOVE the '10. It has 4wd, 3:92 gears and that 390 hp HEMI! It will run circles around the '05 and gets better all around mileage besides. Mileage in the winter was about 1 mpg better and it's really improved with warmer weather. I got over 18 mpg on 3 of the last 4 tanks and 19 on one. I actually don't pay much attention to it but I believe there would be a noticable increase in mileage if I paid attention to the economy light. I have heard of others adjusting their driving habits using the econony light and it really made an improvement. The '10 pulls my trailer with a car or my tractor on it with ease. I like driving it so much that I've already put as many miles on it as I did on the '05 in a year. The '11s had just came out when I bought my '10 so I got it for $22,905. I just wish I could buy a fairly basic (like my truck, HEMI, 3:92 gears, and leave off all the fancy trinkets) Challenger for that kind of money.

I also just sold an '03 Cummins truck. I frankly didn't like using it as an everyday truck. I think they are the best thing going for someone who hauls or pulls heavy loads, especially for longer distances. The 'liar's board' (computer) said I was averaging 23.5 mpg but I checked it several times by dividing gallons used into miles travelled and it actually averaged around 18. I've talked to others who also said their computer was 4-5 mpg on the optimistic side.
Dallas
Pics below of the '05 I sold and the '10.

Attachments

• IMG_5677 (Small).JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5822 (Small).JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 142
We just made a 560mile round trip to Corpus Christi this past weekend and got an average of 20.1 mpg with our 5.7Hemi. We kept it at around 75mph with the cruise control on as much as possible and had the A/C blowing the entire time. The mpg was climbing the entire trip and I believe we could have hit 23+ eventually. We have really loved our 2010 crew cab!

So.....2Darts, did you buy one yet??? A little over 3000 kilometers on mine now and I'm likin' even more.. and NO RATTLES!!!! LOL!! Sure beats that stinky old diesel F250 I traded it for.

Thanks guy's for the reviews. I decided to go with it, the deal was to good to past...I realy liked the Ford truck interior, but my friends would have to much fun teasing me buying a Furd...plus I am to brand loyal... I love it! I realy like the heated steering wheel option. As far as the gas comsuption, I would say that the 4.7 that I had before was probably better, but it wasn't a 4x4.
Till Next time

Attachments

• truck copy.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 85
-
Back