2011 dodge ram reviews needed

-

2darts

Reaction score
hey, Woundering if any of you are driving a 2010-11 ram? need to get some reviews about the truck. i know it's hard on gas, but so is my 2002 ram with a 4.7 (13 miles per gallon) i would realy appreciate your thoughts and comments. thanks

2011 Ram 1500 5.7ltr. I'm liking it so far but it's only got 400 kms on it. I've had Ford trucks since 1980 so this is a switch for me. To be honest if the Ford F150 Turbo 3.5 ltr Ecoboost had been out at the time I was looking it would have taken a lot of convincing for me to go Dodge. Gas mileage kind of sucks no matter what truck you get in my opinion.

i heard the ford ecoboost is good on gas and quick, but believe me with 6 dodge's in my name, i will pay the extra gas instead of the abuse i would get eveyday from the boys! any good incentives when you both purchased?

i heard the ford ecoboost is good on gas and quick, but believe me with 6 dodge's in my name, i will pay the extra gas instead of the abuse i would get eveyday from the boys! any good incentives when you both purchased?
I hear you!! We seem to have become a Mopar family now as well. There's lots of good incentives out there right now. I did the Car Cost Canada thing and the dealer came pretty close without much haggling ( but he's my cousin:-D). The ener guide for my truck says 15.8 L/100 kms or 18 miles per gal city and 10.8 L/100km or 26mi/gal highway. Me thinks that is tad optimistic.

hey, Woundering if any of you are driving a 2010-11 ram? need to get some reviews about the truck. i know it's hard on gas, but so is my 2002 ram with a 4.7 (13 miles per gallon) i would realy appreciate your thoughts and comments. thanks

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab. Worst truck I have ever owned. 9 miles to the gallon in the city and rattles worse than my 1964 dodge crew. To make matters worse the dealership where I used to buy all my cars/trucks was 2 miles from work and it was closed. The closest one to me is a 35-40 minutes drive.

the cross Canada thing, is that something you did on a web site? i would love to get the site. went at another dealer he told me flat out to come back at the end of the month, said that they are hungrier. about $6500. off plus negotiating skills. wink wink...btw moparlvr...would love to see more pictures of that dart of yours! hemimark..did the dealer do anything? there is one thing i hate the most is RATTLES. 9miles to the gallon won't work for me.

oh btw, Canadian price on the truck I'm looking at is 47.456 the USA price 34,000 Canadian truck comes with a pine tree, for u know where... i found that site, very cool. thanks

hey 2darts, is your 02 ram a manual? mines the overdrive automatic with 3.55's and i cant get better than 11 with it? ( single cab short bed ) just curious, didnt mean to jack your thread here

same truck as mine 74 slant6, I'm going with the numbers the overhead console is giving me. have u tuned it up lately? mines do. i'm going to do this soon.

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab. Worst truck I have ever owned. 9 miles to the gallon in the city and rattles worse than my 1964 dodge crew. To make matters worse the dealership where I used to buy all my cars/trucks was 2 miles from work and it was closed. The closest one to me is a 35-40 minutes drive.

9 MPG REALLY? You have got a major problem there or someone is stealing fuel from you.
I have been driving my sons truck (2004 q/cab HEMI) for two weeks. I have averaged 15 MPG in town. This truck has 153k on it & no sqeaks & rattles.
my rich broter in law, is the type that drives imports over domestic. He floored us by buying a new Lincoln pick-up in 2009, he almost bought a Dodge.
He did trade the Lincoln in on a 2010 4X4 Hemi Ram.
He really likes the truck & build quality,, he says its twice the truck the Lincoln was.
It will get 20MPG on the hiway, he travels quite alot.
My sons friend just received a ford f150 with ecoboost for a work truck. It only has a few miles on it. So far, he is averaging 14.5 MPG.

9 MPG REALLY? You have got a major problem there or someone is stealing fuel from you.
I have been driving my sons truck (2004 q/cab HEMI) for two weeks. I have averaged 15 MPG in town. This truck has 153k on it & no sqeaks & rattles.
my rich broter in law, is the type that drives imports over domestic. He floored us by buying a new Lincoln pick-up in 2009, he almost bought a Dodge.
He did trade the Lincoln in on a 2010 4X4 Hemi Ram.
He really likes the truck & build quality,, he says its twice the truck the Lincoln was.
It will get 20MPG on the hiway, he travels quite alot.
My sons friend just received a ford f150 with ecoboost for a work truck. It only has a few miles on it. So far, he is averaging 14.5 MPG.

I'm with you. If I was getting 9 mpg that truck would be back at the dealership so fast. I'd say I'm getting at least 15 in the city and I haven't put any highway miles on yet. Dodge has really stepped up the interior comforts at least from what I remember compared to the older ones and you can get AWD without going to the high end package (not an option with Ford). The one thing it could use is a 6 speed transmission which would vastly improve the highway mileage in my opinion. To OP definitely check out Car Cost Canada (an online service you have to pay for) as the dealer cost is way way less than sticker price. I haven't met a car dealer yet who isn't hungry so definitely shop around.
As to shopping in the states I have a friend that does this with ALL his major purchases and has saved bundles of money. With a little research and patience this is a good alternative especially with the looney as high as it is.
Good luck!!

whatever you decide, hold the dealer to the fire for a great deal for you. right now they are hurting and its a good time to buy.

whatever you decide, hold the dealer to the fire for a great deal for you. right now they are hurting and its a good time to buy.

RAM truck sales up 36% from April 2010 to April 2011

FYI ford 19.5% up
chevrolet 19.3% up
TUNDRA -2.6% down
Also heard on the news this morning, incentives on all manufactures at there lowest point since 2005.
These numbers are from pickup.com

might be tuff to hold the dealer to the fire, unless it's a toyota dealer.

I am in the process of trying to buy a 2011 myself. This is what I am getting off of the dodge truck websites. The Hemi gets better mileage than the 4.7 due to the MDS. The Hemi gets it's best mileage when you use mid grade gas and the difference way more than offsets the difference in price. The amount of mileage you gain between mid grade and premium is not enough to offset the difference in price although it may be at the break even point. I talked to a co-worker yesterday that has a 2009 hemi and he gets 22 to 24 mpg on the highway if he keeps the speed down below 110 kph. Around town he gets far less, he figured about 15 mpg. With only highway driving he is getting a little more than 700 k per tank.

Jack

he figured about 15 mpg. With only highway driving he is getting a little more than 700 k per tank.

Jack[/QUOTE] He must have a 50 gallon tank do the math.

Real trucks don't have sparkplugs! If it don't smoke black take it back! If you buy gas it won't last. Any Diesel is better then gas. But I'd rather be Cummin than Strokin. and men don't wear max pads. Don't buy a 1500 "You'll be sorry"

he figured about 15 mpg. With only highway driving he is getting a little more than 700 k per tank.

Jack
He must have a 50 gallon tank do the math.[/QUOTE]

I did the math, 700 kilometers is 434 miles. If you divide 434 miles by the the 22 mpg that he says he gets on the highway then you come up with a 20 gallon tank.

Jack

I'm with you on the diesel. I swapped trucks with my son for a couple of weeks, I'm driving his '04 HEMI & he is driving my '03 diesel 3500.
I'm getting 16MPG driving to work, where my one ton averages 22MPG.
He just got back from Houston & averaged 24.5 MPG, The best his truck has ever gotten is 18MPG.
Something that struck me odd, I had bought a new Dodge 150 in 1982 with 318-4bbl.
The milage numbers on it was 14 city & 17.5 hiway, I thought that was great at the time.

I'm with you on the diesel. I swapped trucks with my son for a couple of weeks, I'm driving his '04 HEMI & he is driving my '03 diesel 3500.
I'm getting 16MPG driving to work, where my one ton averages 22MPG.
He just got back from Houston & averaged 24.5 MPG, The best his truck has ever gotten is 18MPG.
Something that struck me odd, I had bought a new Dodge 150 in 1982 with 318-4bbl.
The milage numbers on it was 14 city & 17.5 hiway, I thought that was great at the time.

My 2002 Dakota 4.7 is getting 17.5 in the city....... go figure. and I was wrong about the mileage on my Ram 1500. Its at 11 mile per gallon in the city. I may go do a cartwheel.
Still rattles.......... a Diesel my be in my future.

Dang, I wish I had a job and could buy a new Dodge Truck. My 98 with the 5.2, auto, 3.54 gears with 175,500 miles on it only gives me 10 - 14 mpg around town and 16-18 mpg on the highway.

Dan in Kalifornia

I've had a 2011 Ram since December. Loaded sport with crew cab. No problems so far and gets decent mileage as long as you don't play with it too much. The motor has been set back a fair bit so the front end problems the older models have should be solved.

He must have a 50 gallon tank do the math.

I did the math, 700 kilometers is 434 miles. If you divide 434 miles by the the 22 mpg that he says he gets on the highway then you come up with a 20 gallon tank.

Jack[/QUOTE]
I thought 700 miles. didn't pay mind to the K

My 2002 Dakota 4.7 is getting 17.5 in the city....... go figure. and I was wrong about the mileage on my Ram 1500. Its at 11 mile per gallon in the city. I may go do a cartwheel.
Still rattles.......... a Diesel my be in my future.

If you don't like rattles a diesel probably isn't for you!!

I have not investigated every thing about the new Dodge Ram but I do know it looks better than any other truck on the market. My Chevy buddy says that he would buy the Ram over the Chevy if he had the opportunity.

-
Back