2012 Dodge caravan TPMS

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Chevy has the ability to watch the lights on the corners of their cars to determine what TPMS is tripping. Does Dodge have that logic? My 2012 caravan TPMS is flashing (malfunction detected) and I'm sure it's the batteries as the sensors are original at 10 Years old. Can you replace the batteries? Is the replacement procedure just to install the new ones, cycle the system for 15 minutes and drive 50mph for 20 minutes? Going to a stealership to have them reprogram the new sensors sounds like an unnecessary money grab if there is a DIY option.

Google is your friend...

looks like the battery might not be replaceable. There is a reset button under the dash, and replacements are not that expensive on EBay. They can be replaced individually.

OK....tell me exactly where this "under the dash" button is on a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan.....find me a pic if possible. Google may be friendly but there is so much bad info out there that is just regurgitated over and over again.

doesnt your tire guy service the TPMS each time you get new tires?

If you know how to scroll to the section where it shows the 4 tires and pressure?

It will show one tire that is not responding or 0.0 PSI. I'm sure depending on the vans options it could be different than mine.

Mine is the lower line van (ST?) without the information center in the dash. I would have found that hopefully! I would have liked the power doors of the old T&C I had too.

Then the only other way is to do a scan through the ODB port. I have a scanner that can do that but it sucks when the vehicle won't tell you what dam tire is causing the problem. My patriot is the same way. I'm sure any tire store near you could scan it and do the repair for less than the dealer ship.

-
Back