2012 GNRS Pics - America's Most Beautiful Roadster (AMBR Award) Contenders & More

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
As we've done the past few years, Inland Mopars Car Club works at the Grand National Roadster Show. The 2012 edition (63rd annual) was this past weekend. I took a few minutes yesterday morning before the show opened to snap a few pics (just over 60 so give them some time to load up) to let y'all see the 10 beautiful roadsters that were contending for the coveted AMBR award.
Take a look at all ten and see try to pick the winner - I'll let you all know after all the pics are posted.
Oh, yeah, there'll also be some extra pics at the end of a few other cars in the main show building that caught my attention. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to wander through all eight show buildings nor take a look at all the daily drive-in cars that were showing between the buildings.

View attachment 2012GNRS013_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment 2012GNRS014_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment 2012GNRS015_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment 2012GNRS016_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment 2012GNRS017_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment 2012GNRS020_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment 2012GNRS018_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment 2012GNRS019_edited (Small).JPG

I'll take Marmon 16,thank you!A bit different(not flat black,or a rat rod!).

OK, that's all of the AMBR contenders. Take a look and see if you can pick the winner. I'll let you know in a couple more pages.

In the meantime, while you're thinking, take a look at this beautiful Willys roadster (not an AMBR contender). It was the first car I saw each day when I walked into the building we were working in.

View attachment 2012GNRS001_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment 2012GNRS006_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment 2012GNRS004_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment 2012GNRS002_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment 2012GNRS003_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment 2012GNRS005_edited (Small).JPG

OK, I know we have quite a few musicians on FABO. How do you like these guitars for your 'car song' pickin'?

View attachment 2012GNRS007_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment 2012GNRS008_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment 2012GNRS009_edited (Small).JPG

...and speaking of musicians, I bet you recognize the name of the owner of this right-hand drive more-door early Ford sedan. Gotta be right-hand drive when you live across the pond in London.

View attachment 2012GNRS062_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment 2012GNRS063_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment 2012GNRS064_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment 2012GNRS065_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment 2012GNRS066_edited (Small).JPG

If you watched the "Chop, Cut, Rebuild" Duster build, then you also saw the work done on this Willys.
Oh yeah, got a chance to chat with Dan on Saturday as he was cruisin' the show checking out all the cars. Just as you see on TV, nice guy - and didn't even have a corny joke.

View attachment 2012GNRS067_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment 2012GNRS068_edited (Small).JPG

Need a trophy?

View attachment 2012GNRS069_edited (Small).JPG

OC,

Nice pictures of all the contenders. I went about ten years ago and it took me a year to get all the rolls of film developed. This was before digital cameras, so it got quite expensive. I had a blast, just wish I could afford to do it again.

Bill S.

i really hope u can help me.... i went to this show on Saturday and came across a old time car builder/ custom fabricator in one of the vendors booths, he was giving out autographs and selling autographs dvd (some thing along the lines of kustom car culture).... i wanted to know his name or if you know where i could buy this dvd? is there a web site where i can find the list of guest or vendors for this year?

-
Back