2012 Pentastar V6 and 8 speed tranny for an A-body

-

drewmac

Reaction score
I just drove a 2012 Chrysler 300 and was REALLY impressed with the V6 and 8 speed transmission. Has anyone thought about doing a swap of this combination into an A-body. I would think the performance would be great (the 300 does 60 in 7.5 seconds) and 28+ mpg would not hurt. The V6 in the Challenger is 305hp and an A-body would be almost 1000 lbs lighter.
I just wanted to put this up for discussion. Don't get me wrong. I would rather have a Gen 3 hemi, but just wanted to get other opinions.

:axe:

would be a great driver ....fast and good miles to the gallon...get all the acu,s and gas peddle.....and find out what security you have to delete...goo luck

All those wires and fuel system and sensors, computer's is my only complaint.
I have to work on my own engine and this old fart would like to keep running down the road if something just quit I do agree it is a nice light system and it would send my 2.700 lb 66 plymouth down the track and be in the 8.0 class on an 1/8 mile track my even get 7.50
I want an aluminum rear end that will handle a 400 hp car.
This does make me scratch my head a bit.

Ya it would be cool, but more work and cost for less performance and the new Hemi's get similar mileage anyway.

the transmission is huge, imagine the amount of floor cutting involved; then you need to get a stand alone computer to control the transmission because there all electronic

-
Back