2013 Viper

-
From a quick browse the inter-webs it looks like the 2013 Viper will weigh 100 LBS less than the previous version. Good job Chrysler, too many of your cars are pigs keeping the weight down is quite an accomplishment.

As for the GT 500 yes it has 10 more HP but it will have less torque and a lot more weight. Probably close to 300 to 400 pounds. The Mustang is a nice car, but it has never been able to really compete at the super car level regardless of the motor. Simply put, the Mustang is not a sports car, too much weight over the front tires. Personally, I think the Boss 302 with a NA motor is the best Mustang ever, and all the stuff Shelby throws at it simply diminishes the car.

As for the Viper vs. the ZR-1 Vette, now that is going to be interesting. The stats for the two cars are almost identical, Vette - 638 HP vs 640 HP Viper, Torque Vette- 604 vs 600 Viper, Curb Weight Vette - 3340 vs 3331 Viper est.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm biased, but I think the Viper will have the edge on the track. First, as stated online the Viper has a revised narrower gear ratio in the transmission, which could make a significant difference on the track. Second, the Viper has previously been more willing to sacrifice driver comfort for better weight distribution, if they keep this up, it may benefit on the track.

The reality is that if your wealthy, or willing to live in a cardboard box, it is a great time to be alive. While the cars of the 60s might have had more personality, todays cars are truly extraordinary.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

For sale - 1 slightly used soul. Price - 2013 Viper. :prayer: :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrpie6VUx2E"]All new Dodge Viper SRT GTS 2013 Driving - YouTube[/ame]

Wylde1.

WOW!!! Your sure can see the Italian flavor coming out. Nothing wrong with the Fiat influence as far as Im concerned. They have done an awesome job upgrading all chrysler's interior's,and now I'll bet the styling on the Viper has had some Italian work.

BTW,chrysler is #1 in sales here in North America again....so all you Fiat hater's. Whatcha got to say now?

CORVETTE OWNERS BEWARE...

Interiors are nice, but this isn't a sprint...customer loyalty take good experiences which takes time, aka a marathon. Fiat does lack in reliability, hopefully Marchionne can turn it around. Love the new look, hope Chrysler (a division of Fiat, don't kid yourself, it is not a domestic) is a better quality car-then I might buy one in the future

Don't count the Corvette out- the new version is about to hit the streets. What is good for the goose, is good for the Viper. Competition is what is making them both world beaters. Viper's handicap? It can't overshadow Mama Fiat's favorite son, Ferrari.

Not a hater, but a realist

The front looks like a streched 575. Not that it's a bad thing, it's not the greatest, but the best part is that the interior is 5 million times better than before. It's way better than the Vette's interior by leaps and bounds.

They already have the ZR1 covered with the 2010 ACR. Been there and whipped that. I thinkits awesome to see the scalloped front fenders back and this,rmember people, car is what the Corvette WISHED it looked like. The C6 was designed completelty to look more like a Viper. Yeah remember they even ditched the hideaway headlights for the first time since what? 1962? Paleez! You see a straight on frontal shot of this car and it sick looking, it says snake better than ever.

Attachments

• 2013-SRT-Viper-20-jpg_193310.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 117
Ok we figured out that you dont like it stroker. Nobody cares. Move on.

Really? Yall move on. I got just as much right to voice my dislike as yall have to like the gheyfer.

Keep in mind that the ZR1 and GT500 are both supercharged, the Viper is naturally aspirated. Drop a centrifugal SC on the Viper and crazy HP figures would be seen.

I want it!

Yeah, once the tuners get ahold of something, ha,ha, it's anybody's game...

-
Back