2014 Ram EcoDiesel

-
first to the market, yes they will sell. How about 30MPG Hiway.
Ram becoming a leader!

Will be in the market for a new truck in a year or so, about the time all the bugs will be worked out. This is now the top of my list!

Screw a ecodiesel all in the balls. It says "For years, fans have dreamed of a diesel engine in a light duty truck." Bullshit. What fans have dreamed of for years is the Cummins 5.9 in a half ton truck. Leave it to Chrysler to even screw that up. I don't want an "ecodiesel" tryin to compete with Ferd's "ecobitch". I want a diesel truck that don't give a **** how big its carbon footprint is. Damn all the bunny huggin ****. That ain't how you build a truck.

No I'm just tired of all this politically motivated, politically correct HORSE ****. It has no place in the auto industry.

I agree Rusty but thanks to the new CAFE standards hemis and V-8 trucks and cars are going to be things of the past. It'll be one ton trucks with tiny 6's. Thank Obama for that.

Screw a ecodiesel all in the balls. It says "For years, fans have dreamed of a diesel engine in a light duty truck." Bullshit. What fans have dreamed of for years is the Cummins 5.9 in a half ton truck. Leave it to Chrysler to even screw that up. I don't want an "ecodiesel" tryin to compete with Ferd's "ecobitch". I want a diesel truck that don't give a **** how big its carbon footprint is. Damn all the bunny huggin ****. That ain't how you build a truck.

They do have a RAM as big as you want, with a big Cummins in it.
Its called a 2500, 3500, 4500, or a 5500.
If you want a light truck, the 2014 2500 adopts the rear coil spring setup thats on the 1500.
So stop your bitchin.
Your post made no sense at all!

Actually the public has been wanting a smaller diesel in a 1/2 ton for some time. Ford actually has a small powerstroke since 2008 or so but shelved it because of the the diesel emission regulations. Found it would be easier and cheaper to do a gas motor with similar performance until advances are made. Ford Recently put out a 3.2l for the transit. GM shelved a 4.5l duramax in 2009.

A number of people have put cummins bt4 in all manner of vehicles.
http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/forum.php

Is this a Fiat motor? They used one in the Jeep Liberty, a few years ago. It got terrible reviews.

Yeah, the early CRD was a turd. Both built by VM Motori, this one in cooperation with fiat. Fiat bought 50% of the company from Penske. Penske bought it from Chrysler in 2003.

This one has gotten decent reviews in the grand Cherokee.

Smaller diesel makes perfect sense. The majority of Cummins owners never come close to using its full power potential and that engine is certainly overkill for the purposes of most 1/2 tons (most are mainly commuters). Lighter weight means less wear on everything. The price tag will also be a lot less than what a Cummins would run. I'd have liked to see a baby Cummins but I'm sure they've run the numbers and gone the route that will make for more sales. If it's reliable it will be a big winner. With the 8 speed tranny it could be one sweet package.

What I've seen so far on this engine looks good. It's design is very solid and its got a good reputation in a number of vehicles in use for some time in Europe. Banks is working on an amped up version. Like most diesels it will have power upgrade potential.

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/1208dp_banks_vm_motori_630t_v6_diesel_engine/

I'm not a fan of complicating things with urea to make it "earth friendly" but that's what's required these days.

I hope Dodge/ Fiat make a new version of the "Little Red Wagon" truck with this motor in it. With duel turbos, step bed, stacks up the back of the cab, Lowered, Wide wheels and tires. I am sure Dodge/Fiat will put the 8 speed auto in it but I would like a split axle. Great speed low and high MPG.

Smaller diesel makes perfect sense. The majority of Cummins owners never come close to using its full power potential and that engine is certainly overkill for the purposes of most 1/2 tons (most are mainly commuters). Lighter weight means less wear on everything. The price tag will also be a lot less than what a Cummins would run. I'd have liked to see a baby Cummins but I'm sure they've run the numbers and gone the route that will make for more sales. If it's reliable it will be a big winner. With the 8 speed tranny it could be one sweet package.

What I've seen so far on this engine looks good. It's design is very solid and its got a good reputation in a number of vehicles in use for some time in Europe. Banks is working on an amped up version. Like most diesels it will have power upgrade potential.

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/1208dp_banks_vm_motori_630t_v6_diesel_engine/

I'm not a fan of complicating things with urea to make it "earth friendly" but that's what's required these days.

AMEN ! I have been wanting a set up like this for years! I dont need to tow a house but I would like a truck that gets better than 13 mpg like my 03 hemi ram!

Dodge has had this truck ready for market for 5 yrs but didnt feel the timing was right.

I was at a Spodefest (invite dirtbike ride with guys from all over the country,Germany and Austria ) 4 yrs ago and one of the guys ther had just retired from Cummins as a lead engineer. He told me about this truck back then. Dodge must have switched to a European diesel after Fiat bought them.

You may not want to hear this but they kick our *** in diesel technology !

This truck will put Dodge on TOP !

says the one that's not a CHRYSLER engineer :sign3: They just build what they think people might want..... Im not even touching the Greenhouse gas thing.

Aluminum diesel combustion parts do not take the pressure. Turn up a Dura Max and see what happens to the head after awhile. The best diesel truck I found after owning many is 04.5 to 07.5 5.9 cummins with the Mercedes 6 spd. Once you get rid of the death wobble there is nothing to go wrong. And the power with just a chip is unbelievable. Automatics can't take the torque. All 07.5 and up have emissions. and all 2013, take DEF. 1 gallon per 2 tanks at over $20 a gallon. So an ethanol truck "AKA gas" is better now. Get the 04.5 to 07.5 5.9 common rails while they last. Unless you have the knowledge and money to spool up a 12 valve. I have three and love them.

-
Back