• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
  • Challenger is a Scat Pak. 392 Hemi, factory 485 HP/8 speed tranny. Has after market exhaust. If he could "mash it" with no spin, I would think high 11's.
  • My Duster should be mid 13's at this point, and I'll be taking it down soon.
  • '07 GT 'stang, 4.6 auto. CIA, Tune, Flowmaster exhaust. Runs 13.7's.
Has your son had the challenger to the track?

Has your son had the challenger to the track?
Not yet. No way he can take off. I tried taking off in it and it's useless. I'm sure he could still nail down a mid 12, but he wants tires.

• Challenger is a Scat Pak. 392 Hemi, factory 485 HP/8 speed tranny. Has after market exhaust. If he could "mash it" with no spin, I would think high 11's.
  • My Duster should be mid 13's at this point, and I'll be taking it down soon.
  • '07 GT 'stang, 4.6 auto. CIA, Tune, Flowmaster exhaust. Runs 13.7's.
Ah cool!! I think you can give the stang a run for his money! Haha I got a buddy that had a new mustang (15 or16) with the 5.0 he changed the rear gear and programmed it and ran in the low to mid 12s I was very impressed by it. He ended trading it in in a truck and hated the truck lol

Ah cool!! I think you can give the stang a run for his money! Haha I got a buddy that had a new mustang (15 or16) with the 5.0 he changed the rear gear and programmed it and ran in the low to mid 12s I was very impressed by it. He ended trading it in in a truck and hated the truck lol
I would think at this point I would best the stang…… I'm giving my Duster a nod better than 13.7's
:thumbsup:

I would think at this point I would best the stang…… I'm giving my Duster a nod better than 13.7's
:thumbsup:
We will have to go back a couple pages to confirm but I'm pretty sure I predicted you going under 13.5. So you better not prove me wrong! Haha :poke:

We will have to go back a couple pages to confirm but I'm pretty sure I predicted you going under 13.5. So you better not prove me wrong! Haha :poke:
13.5's is a good prediction. The car ran consistent 13.9's last year. I would think the headers, slight change in gears and a lighter wheels would net me 13.5's. At least that is what it feels like ….

Last edited:
13.5's is a good prediction. The car ran consistent 13.9's last year. I would think the headers, slight change in gears and a lighter wheels/tires would net me 13.5's. At least that is what it feels like ….
Didnt you port the heads too? Or is that undisclosed information Haha?

Heads are stock on the car. I have Magnum heads and home ported 596 heads, but they are not on the car at this time.

Last edited:
I have a customer today really super super nice guy and was helping him with his 57 Chevy. Anyways we're over at his place and this kid comes up cuz he really likes the car and precedes to tell us about his car that's just parked over yonder. As my customer and I are saying our goodbyes the kid runs ahead so he can get his hot rod started and I just started kind of getting in my truck slow to give him some time. LOL... he fires it up and it sounds like it's got open headers, and it's raining pretty good. It's a late 80s early 90s Camaro in relatively rough condition. He told me it had a 396 Big Block in it. I said that's the smallest big block I've ever seen, it looks like a small block 350. LOL He was like really? I said I'm pretty sure these two Center exhaust aren't supposed to be next to each other. it would seem like it would take one hell of a lot more space under the hood if it was a big block. Really? LOL oh boy... I just skipped over it and told him it looked really nice..
What scared me was the fuel line. There was a what look like 40 gallon air compressor tank for a fuel cell in the back hatch with a rubber fuel line going down the passenger side out a big hole in the firewall to the motor..

To the best of my knowledge, everything on this 360 is stock, as if you pulled a stock 360 4bbl out of a maxi van, just remanufactured. Instead of a TQ/Cast intake, it has a Holley/Eddy RPM intake. My cam is really close on lift to a stock 360 4bbl, but a little smaller on duration. That is the best I can tell. I've had the oil pan and intake off. I've looked in the spark plug holes and saw the dished pistons.

Heads are stock on the car. I have Magnum heads and home ported 596 heads, but they are not on the car at this time.
To the best of my knowledge, everything on this 360 is stock, as if you pulled a stock 360 4bbl out of a maxi van, just remanufactured. Instead of a TQ/Cast intake, it has a Holley/Eddy RPM intake. My cam is really close on lift to a stock 360 4bbl, but a little smaller on duration. That is the best I can tell. I've had the oil pan and intake off. I've looked in the spark plug holes and saw the dished pistons.
If you want to see the number 12 at the beginning of one of your Time Slips this year you should probably stop beating around the bush and go ahead and put those heads on? Pull that broomstick and put "some" bump in it and "some" wait time between the bumps...

Of course jab will get the holeshot on you we all know that's going to happen, but do you really want to see his tail lights continue to fade in the distance all the way down the track?

If you want to see the number 12 at the beginning of one of your Time Slips this year you should probably stop beating around the bush and go ahead and put those heads on? Pull that broomstick and put "some" bump in it and "some" wait time between the bumps...

I totally get what your saying. I have the heads. I actually have a bump bigger cam too. However, I think if I had a 9.5" converter and 3.23's, it would have a chance at showing you a "12" as it sits, in basically stock form.

Of course jab will get the holeshot on you we all know that's going to happen, but do you really want to see his tail lights continue to fade in the distance all the way down the track?
I don't know. Jaba doesn't know. None of us do. And the reason is simple, nobody knows what Jaba's stock 360 4bbl with headers is going to run like. 4.88's sound good on paper, especially lined up against 2.76's, but that isn't a sure win. I'm hoping to nail a high 1.8 60 ft time. It ran consistent 1.9's last year. If your 40 dollar horse can't 60 ft me, it's over.

-
Back