• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
I understand you trying to make your car drivable, but 12's need a little something...
this wouldn't be my first rodeo...… I'm guessing I'm already mid 13's with 2.76's and a stock 360. 3.23's and magnum heads would put it there, you know that, right? At least my figuring

MoparHappening-pdf.jpg

Heads and gears, sounds easy....
Well, I have the magnum heads and my home ported 596's. Both would keep the car running as smooth and polite mannered as it is now. 3.23's is still a nice street gear, especially with a stock converter.

I just found out about it a few minites ago.
I was planning to go pickup that 67 dart in chicago this weekend.

I need to see if I can do both on saturday.
The 100 degree weather will be part of the deal also.
yeah, heat index 115. Wow! I just mentioned it to my son... we'll see. the heat is a killer for me.

Well, I have the magnum heads and my home ported 596's. Both would keep the car running as smooth and polite mannered as it is now. 3.23's is still a nice street gear, especially with a stock converter.
I'm not saying you haven't been there or done that. I remember everything doesn't add up to something big each time. Like two tenths for this two tenths for that and for the other. Sometimes it just doesn't stack up that way...

:popcorn::poke::BangHead:

Just waiting and watching.

I have no doubt both of ya can make a car run, i just want to see the result.

I will stand on the fact that cash spent dont always win. 318 on budget may beat Jab best of the best.

HP aint the end all be all. Power to the ground wins races.

:popcorn::poke::BangHead:

Just waiting and watching.

I have no doubt both of ya can make a car run, i just want to see the result.

I will stand on the fact that cash spent dont always win. 318 on budget may beat Jab best of the best.

HP aint the end all be all. Power to the ground wins races.
Agreed, but no power to put on the ground loses races as well...

I'm not saying you haven't been there or done that. I remember everything doesn't add up to something big each time. Like two tenths for this two tenths for that and for the other. Sometimes it just doesn't stack up that way...
For instance I've been looking at some stockish aluminum heads and they may not make one bit of difference, but everybody says aluminum heads should be worth two tenths?

Well, lets just say I hit a 13.50 now. I will say 2 tenths for a 1/2 turn of the drive shaft is more than a reasonable expectation (2.76 to 3.23's). I know I can get 3 tenths from heads. That, my friend, would be a 12.99 on a good pass. What about if I gain a little more, and my car is already a 13.40 ? Now you are looking at 12.8's ??

Well, lets just say I hit a 13.50 now. I will say 2 tenths for a 1/2 turn of the drive shaft is more than a reasonable expectation (2.76 to 3.23's). I know I can get 3 tenths from heads. That, my friend, would be a 12.99 on a good pass. What about if I gain a little more, and my car is already a 13.40 ? Now you are looking at 12.8's ??
Well I gave you I like for your optimism LOL number one and this is a big number 1 LOL you have not yet done a 13-5!? LOL so let's not already put you there as a base LOL that could be a 13-7? And your other figures could be off by a tenth or so as well the other way LOL and now what do we have...

Well I gave you I like for your optimism LOL number one and this is a big number 1 LOL you have not yet done a 13-5!? LOL so let's not already put you there as a base LOL that could be a 13-7? And your other figures could be off by a tenth or show as well the other way LOL and now or do we have...
my butt dyno is pretty accurate.... I trust it! LOL Sure, it's all hypothetical. I miss chat so bad. We all could be there jawin' away..... :(

So all your car analysis it's coming out of your butt dyno...?
It hasn't returned to the strip since adding 2.76 gears and headers.
  • One measuring stick is a marked off distance (less than a 1/4 mile) on a back road I use to see if there is an increase in mph.
  • Another is my "seat of the pants" feel...

• One measuring stick is a marked off distance (less than a 1/4 mile) on a back road I use to see if there is an increase in mph.

Have you ever tried that drag race app when your out tuning. There was a thread a while ago about it. It could be another tool to calibrate the old butt dyno.

Have you ever tried that drag race app when your out tuning. There was a thread a while ago about it. It could be another tool to calibrate the old butt dyno.
no, that app isn't very accurate, and very inconsistent. I do use GPS to measure against my speedometer.

Translation= yes...

-
Back