• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
I like the stock and ss but what gets me is tf and funny car. They make my body go into spasms when they hit the throttle. lol

I like the stock and ss but what gets me is tf and funny car. They make my body go into spasms when they hit the throttle. lol
TF and funny car do make me warm and fuzzy, nothing like the sound of 400hp per cylinder.

I like slow motion video. lol the new cars ride so nice, they appear to be going slow.
Yeah, amazing too! Ride, comfort, handling, and performance is just unreal..... and.... AND.... 30 mpg in a 500 horsepower car. Unreal

Me and my cousin with our boys were at the nationals last year, every-time the new cars came around, people were leaving the grandstands, to grab a coke and a hot dog.
They just do not have the same sound as the old stuff. Yes they are fast, but all sound the same.
Yeah, they don't get the attention they deserve. Yet so many are spending months and years to install the new FI hemi's, 4 wheel disc brakes, rack n pinion steering, and a OD tranny into their classics. I guess the time has to pass before they will be appreciated.

I've seen Top Fuel, Jet cars, and all the rest. And they are entertaining. But my favorite is old classic, true street cars. The ones the guys drive in, run, and drive home. I guess because they are in my world

Last edited:
The picture of the Lenco shifters in the car at the oregan mopar nationals.
I haven't seen one of these in years. They are neat. To shift to the next gear you just pull the next lever. It's like a manual shift automatic. You can add more units to it I believe.

View attachment 1715368038

I got to race him heads up.. all I seen was taillights...

I'll have to see if there is a test-n-tune class tomorrow (or trophy). If no special event, maybe I'll get down there.... get my Report card. See if I'm a honor roll student or on the D/F list :D :D

I hear 90*. see about the humidity.

I'll have to see if there is a test-n-tune class tomorrow (or trophy). If no special event, maybe I'll get down there.... get my Report card. See if I'm a honor roll student or on the D/F list :D :D

I don't want to hear it! I fought the Heat last week.
Uphill both ways and all that...

You went from stock exhaust manifolds to Doug's headers and you did something else I can't remember..?

That's right the tires but still one tire fire but oh yeah the gear change wait a minute three things..

I don't want to hear it! I fought the Heat last week.
Uphill both ways and all that...
yeah, yeah, I know. But at least you went to a mopar event :)
You went from stock exhaust manifolds to Doug's headers and you did something else I can't remember..?
2.45's to 2.76's LOL
That's right the tires but still one tire fire but oh yeah the gear change wait a minute three things..
Tires do nothing at this point. It dead hooked before and I'm sure it will dead hook now.

Leaving in a few minutes. Supposed to be 86* with 73% humidity. Even considering the weather conditions, I'll be disappointed if it doesn't go faster than a 13.7.

Report Card time..... Couple of clean passes of 13.57 and 13.59. Tried the 770 vacuum secondary for a run and it didn't quiet run what the 750 DP ran. Pictures are of a couple of dragstrip mopar buddies...… The et slip is against my pal in the Duster.

DSCN2058.JPG

DSCN2051.JPG

DSCN2053.JPG

DSCN2052.JPG

Nice job...... you’re sneaking up on it.

What’s the next upgrade?
thanks. Probably the stock smog heads will get swapped. I have a set of magnum heads with the hughes spring kit or a set of 596 heads that I home ported. I expect to pull the 2.76's for 3.23's too.

I bet you feel good ! It's nice to have positive gains on your work.
I think 12's are just a couple pieces away.

A large order of chill cheese frys.
I had just fries today.... LOL :D and lemonade. It just got too stink'n hot and muggy. I cut out early. Rained most of the way down there...

Last edited:
Is there a target you’re aiming for, or are you just stepping up the combo incrementally and seeing what’s worth what?

What cam do you have in the motor now?

Is there a target you’re aiming for, or are you just stepping up the combo incrementally and seeing what’s worth what?

What cam do you have in the motor now?
  • Cam is crane H260. A little smaller than a factory 360 4bbl cam. I didn't buy it or pick it out.
  • I'm just tweekin' it without throwing a bunch of money at it. Right now I'm keeping it very street friendly.
  • Target??? Kick Jaba's Butt!!.... LOL :D Really, though, last year i wanted it to go 13.9's with factory manifolds and 2.45's. It did. This year, before the end of October, it will run in the 12's. So far, just headers and 2.76 gears moved it to 13.5's.

-
Back