• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
Two thoughts are lingering in my mind...…… what if I had a 1/4 inch carb spacer...… many cut the plenum divider lower, I was thinking of a carb spacer..... could a tenth be sitting there? And my front end alignment is way out of wack. I've heard of as much as 3 tenths in just the front end being "aligned" properly.... what if I got a tenth there…. :realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy:
I can see the alignment being an issue its more resistance and more friction going forward ie more power being used to push the car especially if you have a toe in or out. I know on my dart the tie rods where off and the tires were to toed in and it wore the tires out quick thats alot of extra friction in the front if the car for the engine to push it in a straight line. I'd say a good alignment is worth at least a tenth!
I don't know enough about carb spacers to comment however I did see a dyno video on youtube were a guy had pretty big gains by adding a 1 inch spacer.

I got kind of a drag tune on my front alignment. It's more set straight up and straight forward to roll fast. It doesn't Corner well, but I never built it too.

I got kind of a drag tune on my front alignment. It's more set straight up and straight forward to roll fast. It doesn't Corner well, but I never built it too.
Let me tell you about mine. I rebuilt the drivers side - all new bushing to both CA's, strut rod, and ball joints. Right side still needs to be done. Alignment?? LOL... there may be 2 tenths in my front end. I can squeal the front tires in a tight corner in town :D

Yea that is what I'm talking about lol if the tires are straight up and down and straight left to right it has to be less friction to turn them. I'm pretty sure that's why racers use the little skinny tires up front less drag. However your giving up turning ability on the street.

I can see the alignment being an issue its more resistance and more friction going forward ie more power being used to push the car especially if you have a toe in or out. I know on my dart the tie rods where off and the tires were to toed in and it wore the tires out quick thats alot of extra friction in the front if the car for the engine to push it in a straight line. I'd say a good alignment is worth at least a tenth!
I don't know enough about carb spacers to comment however I did see a dyno video on youtube were a guy had pretty big gains by adding a 1 inch spacer.
Reminds me of my first car that had bad alignment. I bought brand new tires all the way around and burned back tires off as fast as the front end wore out the fronts LOL....

Let me tell you about mine. I rebuilt the drivers side - all new bushing to both CA's, strut rod, and ball joints. Right side still needs to be done. Alignment?? LOL... there may be 2 tenths in my front end. I can squeal the front tires in a tight corner in town :D
Yep I know exactly what your talking about my dart would squeal the front tires in almost every turn I took lol I didnt know it was an issue until I wore out a set of tires in less that 10k miles lol I took it to a tire shop to get new tires and the guy told me it was way off. I was only 16 never heard of such!

I rebuilt my entire front end with my Harbor Freight trash but still put it on the trailer and paid the $79 for the alignment...

I rebuilt my entire front end with my Harbor Freight trash but still put it on the trailer and paid the $79 for the alignment...
I'll rebuild the other side and get it aligned. I did the worst side first. It didn't have a bushing the strut rod. LOL....

Yea I will do the same just to make sure it's right everything up front will be new so I'm sure it will be way off

I'll rebuild the other side and get it aligned. I did the worst side first. It didn't have a bushing the strut rod. LOL....
The strut rods are a pita if the engine is in!
Unless you have a lift and can do it from underneath

Here is where you need to be looking.

12.40 with junkyard motor and a stocker cam on a $300 budget. In a full size truck. I love it.
On one Saturday I could run 11's in my Duster if I swapped his motor, tranny, and gears into my Duster. Imagine, 11's in a All Steel Duster with a 300 dollar rusty motor.

The strut rods are a pita if the engine is in!
Unless you have a lift and can do it from underneath
I tore the upper/lower control arms off, strut rod, had new bushing pressed in the CA's, and installed everything else my self, including new bushings for my stabilizer bar. Which reminds me, that needs to come off...…. better traction without it!

I tore the upper/lower control arms off, strut rod, had new bushing pressed in the CA's, and installed everything else my self, including new bushings for my stabilizer bar. Which reminds me, that needs to come off...…. better traction without it!
What is a stabilizer bar? Is that like a sway bar? I dont remember seeing one on my car

289d4j7.jpg

Oh ok lol sorry got confused. I dont have one on mine I'm considering adding one I found a kit that you can add without having the tabs on the lca

That ^^^^^^^^^^^ has me think'n …….. in one Saturday, I could go 11's in my duster with his drivetrain..... 11's in my Duster with a 300 dollar motor...

That ^^^^^^^^^^^ has me think'n …….. in one Saturday, I could go 11's in my duster with his drivetrain..... 11's in my Duster with a 300 dollar motor...
Stop dreaming about 11's and start filing on those parts of yours...lol...
I'll take care of the elevens....

-
Back