• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
What cam do you have to put in it? The combination would have to depend on what works the best together. If the cam and converter are a good combo do that . And if your doing the cam stick the heads on. I am sticking to my original assessment tho. I think it's a bad idea to tear down a perfectly good engine to swap cams in the middle of race season for 2 or 3 tenths. But that's just me.

If he's pulling the heads, he's there, he may as well replace the cam. camshaft change is the easy part. lol

What cam do you have to put in it? The combination would have to depend on what works the best together. If the cam and converter are a good combo do that . And if your doing the cam stick the heads on. I am sticking to my original assessment tho. I think it's a bad idea to tear down a perfectly good engine to swap cams in the middle of race season for 2 or 3 tenths. But that's just me.
I have two cams. Ones a step up from what I have, and ones 3 steps up from what I have. I wouldn't count out buying a new cam either. Converter is stock, and I don't have anything else to put in. One more thing, I won't let "goodness" stop "greatness". :)

If he's pulling the heads, he's there, he may as well replace the cam. camshaft change is the easy part. lol
I would like to see what "just magnum heads" would do. That would be a fun experiment. I have the heads, they are fully assembled. I also have the intake and I have the pushrods for the swap as well. I wonder....... :realcrazy:........ I wonder... how close just the heads would bring me to 12's.??????.....

But then you gotta pull balancer timing chain etc! Then there is the whole deal of breaking in the cam. I'm sure it is easy to you guys who have done it 100s of times thru the years but I'm still a newbie! Haha I have only been inside a handful of times and it alot of work and alot of time for me! I'm sure it's a no sweet job for some of you. So I guess I should take that in to account. I'm just speaking on my perspective its alot of time and work for small gain.

I would like to see what "just magnum heads" would do. That would be a fun experiment. I have the heads, they are fully assembled. I also have the intake and I have the pushrods for the swap as well. I wonder....... :realcrazy:........ I wonder... how close just the heads would bring me to 12's.??????.....
Try it and see! I want to know! Haha get to work Guinea pig! Haha

I have two cams. Ones a step up from what I have, and ones 3 steps up from what I have. I wouldn't count out buying a new cam either. Converter is stock, and I don't have anything else to put in. One more thing, I won't let "goodness" stop "greatness". :)
That's a good point but you gotta ask when is good ever good enough? You get the 12 mark then its 11 the 10 next thing you know you have a caged full out race car! Lol

That's a good point but you gotta ask when is good ever good enough? You get the 12 mark then its 11 the 10 next thing you know you have a caged full out race car! Lol
I may stop spending money. But I never stop tweak'n.
"what have you done to it now" is a common question I'm asked by some that know me... LOL

Well it's time to try those heads. After the porting and the new Springs and retainers.
I say 318havevalveswillfly rides agin.

[QUOTE="j par, post: 1972597781, member: 36059" do all four and get it over with. Guaranteed twelves.
:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

eventually...… but one piece at a time. Kind of like to know what each does...… Something may slow the car up, then I know the culprit

Last edited:
Try it and see! I want to know! Haha get to work Guinea pig! Haha

I never would have thought, there is help for addiction. lol

Definitely a common denominator...

Well it's time to try those heads. After the porting and the new Springs and retainers.
I say 318havevalveswillfly rides agin.
In the mean time, I'm not the only one that's been busy...…….. he always lets other go first except the other scat pack

Well, here is what I went out and did today. I removed the front sway bar. I don't like how it made the front end more "jarring" to drive. Also looking for better transfer/traction. Ok, might as well throw in the 8.4 lbs too... LOL

DSCN2059.JPG

^^^ huge improvement. Rides so much better...…. Should have done it a long time ago.
:thumbsup:

^^^ huge improvement. Rides so much better...…. Should have done it a long time ago.
:thumbsup:
Does it take turns as well? How much difference without it handling a curve? I know that really doesn't matter in the 1/4 mile but I know you drive that car too. I thought about putting one on my
Mine but if rides better without it I may just save my money.

-
Back