• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
Jadaharabi that truck in the pictures has a stock eliminator motor. Cast intake/TQ. It's a cheapo 360. He says the truck weighs 3750 lbs. He runs 12.4's with it.

DSCN2054.JPG

DSCN2056.JPG

Report Card time..... Couple of clean passes of 13.57 and 13.59. Tried the 770 vacuum secondary for a run and it didn't quiet run what the 750 DP ran. Pictures are of a couple of dragstrip mopar buddies...… The et slip is against my pal in the Duster.

View attachment 1715369912

View attachment 1715369913

View attachment 1715369915

View attachment 1715369916
Heck yea I was right! 13.5 what do I get for making the right guess?? Haha
Nice runs buddy! Glad to see you made some passes that duster is sweet! I like your buddy's rides too! That truck is killer Haha. If I ever get a chance to build a strip only vehicle it will be a truck of some sort probably a Dakota because they are cheap or a square body dodge. I would love to find a 94-02 regular cab short bed 2wd to make a drag truck out of! I just feel alot better about gutting a late model vehicle to cage and race vs a classic !

Heck yea I was right! 13.5 what do I get for making the right guess?? Haha
Nice runs buddy! Glad to see you made some passes that duster is sweet! I like your buddy's rides too! That truck is killer Haha. If I ever get a chance to build a strip only vehicle it will be a truck of some sort probably a Dakota because they are cheap or a square body dodge. I would love to find a 94-02 regular cab short bed 2wd to make a drag truck out of! I just feel alot better about gutting a late model vehicle to cage and race vs a classic !
that guy will race a 300 dollar motor in stock eliminator... LOL. The block and heads are so rusty looks like he pulled it out of the river :D

Good job! ... :thumbsup:
I'm two components away from 12's in the October air. Any of the two I'm listing would get me there. Mix/Match any of the two, and I already have 2 of the 4 listed.
  • little more cam (I have two cams that are a little bigger)
  • little more gear (3.23's?)
  • converter (9.5 PTC ?)
  • better heads (my mag or my home-ported 596's)

I'm two components away from 12's in the October air. Any of the two I'm listing would get me there. Mix/Match any of the two, and I already have 2 of the 4 listed.
  • converter (9.5 PTC ?)
I 'd go with all 4. unless you are doing an econo performer, step by step. I guess that's what you've been doing all along.

I 'd go with all 4. unless you are doing an econo performer, step by step. I guess that's what you've been doing all along.
if two of those items will give him a half-second? All 4 should give him a full second correct? Then we would be neck-and-neck at 12.5...?
If he uses the 596 heads it would be a high compression Stroker verses a low compression stock stroke...?

I think there is 3 tenths in the 60 ft. a full second would take a much larger cam with the ported heads. imo

I don’t think I agree that “any 2” on the list would pick up .6 in the quarter over the current combo.
But I’ll admit....... stuff as mild as you’re playing with is a little out of my wheelhouse.

I don’t think the 9.5” converter and ported 596 heads would show that much improvement while still using the current cam and 2.76’s.

So, my vote is change those things next(and only those things), and let’s see what happens!!

If that goes 12’s....... with that tiny cam and 2.76’s....... that’ll be pretty impressive.

converter and 3.23's is worth 3 tenths in the 60. how it translates in the final et is ?

I think there is 3 tenths in the 60 ft. a full second would take a much larger cam with the ported heads. imo
In street form, I really don't need more than a 1.8 60 ft. I'm looking for MPH. Stock 360 just isn't kicking out enough HP right now to move the mph. Dished pistons, smog heads and a broom stick for a cam...….

Last edited:
I don’t think I agree that “any 2” on the list would pick up .6 in the quarter over the current combo.
But I’ll admit....... stuff as mild as you’re playing with is a little out of my wheelhouse.

I don’t think the 9.5” converter and ported 596 heads would show that much improvement while still using the current cam and 2.76’s.

So, my vote is change those things next(and only those things), and let’s see what happens!!

If that goes 12’s....... with that tiny cam and 2.76’s....... that’ll be pretty impressive.
Don't leave out that I said "October air". I think right now with no changes, this car would go 13.40 in October. I need 4.1 tenths for a 12.99 :)

if two of those items will give him a half-second? All 4 should give him a full second correct? Then we would be neck-and-neck at 12.5...?
If he uses the 596 heads it would be a high compression Stroker verses a low compression stock stroke...?
I might be in touch with a set of 3.23's sure grip from the guy with the truck. He has to "dig 'em out" in his garage. We'll see how long it takes to "dig 'em out"..... LOL

Uumm.......huh?

Swapping heads makes it a stroker?
I think he is comparing my car to his if I made all 4 changes. In other words, my stock stroke/low compression engine would be running the same time as his high compression/410 stroker engine.

Okay........ I see it now.

Buuuut......... it doesn’t need the head swap for that to be the case.
It’s already 318’s stock stroke 360 vs the stroker.

I wonder what a 318WR “themed” stroker would do.
You know...... small cam, small heads, 2.76 gears, etc.

• converter (9.5 PTC ?)
Imo opinion I'd go with heads and gears. For the following reasons heads are easy to change you dont have to completely tear down the engine and worry about breaking it in or anything like that a cam would be nice but realistically it runs great. If you already have the cam (I think you do) maybe that could be a winter project after race season ends. A wise car guy once told me only a fool would pull and or tear down a perfectly good running engine. Those are pretty true words if you think about it Haha. I chose gears because of the same reason rear gears are a pretty straightforward easy process. Pulling a transmission is alot of work and takes a lot of time I'd rather just change gears. This is just my take and opinion i know I'm gonna get 20 red xs and 100 experts telling me how easy it is to change a transmission Haha. Also imo tho I think this winter when race season is done you should do all of the above! :D the combo of the 4 should be quite the improvement!

Imo opinion I'd go with heads and gears. For the following reasons heads are easy to change you dont have to completely tear down the engine and worry about breaking it in or anything like that a cam would be nice but realistically it runs great. If you already have the cam (I think you do) maybe that could be a winter project after race season ends. A wise car guy once told me only a fool would pull and or tear down a perfectly good running engine. Those are pretty true words if you think about it Haha. I chose gears because of the same reason rear gears are a pretty straightforward easy process. Pulling a transmission is alot of work and takes a lot of time I'd rather just change gears. This is just my take and opinion i know I'm gonna get 20 red xs and 100 experts telling me how easy it is to change a transmission Haha. Also imo tho I think this winter when race season is done you should do all of the above! :D the combo of the 4 should be quite the improvement!
some good points....

If he had a bigger hat he could cover them...:poke::thumbsup:
Two thoughts are lingering in my mind...…… what if I had a 1/4 inch carb spacer...… many cut the plenum divider lower, I was thinking of a carb spacer..... could a tenth be sitting there? And my front end alignment is way out of wack. I've heard of as much as 3 tenths in just the front end being "aligned" properly.... what if I got a tenth there…. :realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy:

Two thoughts are lingering in my mind...…… what if I had a 1/4 inch carb spacer...… many cut the plenum divider lower, I was thinking of a carb spacer..... could a tenth be sitting there? And my front end alignment is way out of wack. I've heard of as much as 3 tenths in just the front end being "aligned" properly.... what if I got a tenth there…. :realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy:
Things are getting a little iffy....

-
Back