• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
Hoping to gain .0000012 - forced air at 100 mph!!!! LOL... Perhaps one of those K&N top breathers so the scoop pushes in the top where it's pulling.
Yea that what I was thinking the open top with a velocity stack base.

still deciding between white or black...….
When I look at your car as a whole with the white scoop I want to see what it looks like with white letters instead of black on the Plymouth. And me personally I probably would go with the heavy gold metallic Plymouth on the side..
Maybe a gold scoop? The same as the rooms? Old school?
That's why I kind of regret not trying gold rims to match my air cleaners...

I was just going to throw my car on the trailer and run up to the dragstrip, but it's just too freaking hot and there's going to be too many nice days....
Don't get me wrong I could drive there and do it, but it would be nice to have the AC of the truck there and back and while I'm there...

When I look at your car as a whole with the white scoop I want to see what it looks like with white letters instead of black on the Plymouth. And me personally I probably would go with the heavy gold metallic Plymouth on the side..
Maybe a gold scoop? The same as the rooms? Old school?
That's why I kind of regret not trying gold rims to match my air cleaners...
I thought and thought before ordering those Plymouth Letters..... I went back and forth from black to white. I just thought the black letters would stand out a little better on the soft blue car.

I thought and thought before ordering those Plymouth Letters..... I went back and forth from black to white. I just thought the black letters would stand out a little better on the soft blue car.
I 100 and 10% agree with you that they stand out more. I just always associate white with an older vibe..?

I guess like white bumpers and white wall tires stuff like that just kind of gives a nostalgic feel I reckon. Like when I put white rims on my son's w100. Everybody said wow old school instead of blacked out like everybody's doing... And admittedly I have done...

I 100 and 10% agree with you that they stand out more. I just always associate white with an older vibe..?
I'm think'n now..... the scoop gold??? white, black, or gold.... Hmmmm…. I'll ponder that. White looks good. Black would match the letters, Gold would match the rims...

Last edited:
I'm think now..... the scoop gold??? white, black, or gold.... Hmmmm…. I'll ponder that. White looks good. Black would match the letters, Gold would match the rims...
Wife says Black or Gold would look best. So, it won't stay white.....

Is it to late to change the title of this thread to "The battle of the beaks?"

:)

I know its to late but i always thought the Plymouth logo went where the trim line is over the rear tire?

Thats where i will be putting the DODGE on my car.

I know its to late but i always thought the Plymouth logo went where the trim line is over the rear tire?

yes I want to do the Plymouth logo over the rear tire like where I have my Scrapper logo now. That'll be after paint..

Also technically it was just the 73 and up Dodge that was the beak, the Plymouth a little more so but not so much...

Its strange but then i dont know much about dusters. Jabs belt line looks to be 6 inches above the wheel arch while 318s line looks to be 1.5 inches?

My dart the trim, belt line is 6 above the wheel arch and 6 to the top of the rear quarter...

IMG_20190803_163453.jpg

I looked at vintage pictures of drag dusters, most had it above the back tire but the gas cap interfered with the drivers side. Some had it on the doors, and I like it on the doors.

Take the Plymouth letters off and paint the scoop matte black. and FWIW gold only belongs on black Pontiac TA's. lol
Old school Mopars are plain jane, it's all under the hood.

-
Back