• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
Well, on paper, you should be untouchable for me now. Our two cars shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence when we are talking "bill vs bob".... but it's being discussed by others..... LOL

I think 3.23's and my magnum heads, I'd get 12.9's. I'm confident (but I've never did the mag head to LA swap). You still got those 3.55's from seed truck???? LOL
I think you should just face reality face the facts and get yourself a blueprint 408 short block...

I've had my share of disappointments, big time.
Edited...
I'm positive I bought quite a few things that really didn't give the results I was hoping for. Quite a few things that I really don't need at all. But I can pretty much say that everything I have I did want whether it helps or not. For instance the aluminum heads that I've been talking about, I don't know for a fact that they're going to do anyting but make my car a little bit lighter for sure LOL but I'll have fun seeing what happens if I can afford them one day...

Dammit my Legions of 7 is down to a Legions of six!
TRADER! I didn't want you on my side anyways! LOL....
KICK ROCKS!.....

I would like to know the details for a low 10 sec 440 on a 2500 buck budget. TRUE STREET CAR.

I would like to know the details for a low 10 sec 440 on a 2500 buck budget. TRUE STREET CAR.
First of all, lets end the "true street car" statement. LOL.. I've never in my entire life owned nothing but "true street cars". I drive them 1 hr to the track, race them as I drive them, and drive them home. On pump gas. On hot summer days. I also go through several small towns to get there. :)

Last edited:
First of all, lets end the "true street car" statement. I've never in my entire life owned nothing but "true street cars". I drive them 1 hr to the track, race them as I drive them, and drive them home. On pump gas. On hot summer days. I also go through several small towns to get there. :)
I've followed your street builds for a while and most are tamer than my definition of a classic radical street car.
Though my cars are street cars, it would be a miserable drive to the track. I'd be all cagey and shook up by the time I got there.
Reaction time, forget about it !

Can you elaborate on the 2500 dollar 440.
Like all my builds, I would enter it blindly. I would do just what made sense to me. I may fail, who knows.?.? Wouldn't matter either, because it would be fun. If I had a good running stock 440 and had 2500 to put into it, I think that would be enough motor for me to go 10's. Maybe not low 10's, but 10's. Of course, there would be headers, converter, and 3.55 gears. Pump gas - yes, a rough idle at a stop sign - yes. Able to drive 1 hr to the strip, yes. Why the thought and my post sent rumblefish into a tangy, declaring I had to drive it through NYC with A/C was really just funny to read :D

Can you elaborate on the 2500 dollar 440.
I guess I should say where the 2500 dollars comes in at, though. I spent a lengthy time fine tooth-and-combing a guy's car at the strip. He was very open about everything, as I am, and he had a '69 Dart with a 440 running 10.50's. He had a commando motor, factory compression, still running the cast heads, solid lift cam, single plane intake, 850 DP carb. Nothing fancy for ignition. 3.55's, 727, nice converter. I figured I could buy the engine parts he had for under 2500. Maybe I couldn't do it as well as him, or maybe I could do it better. I don't know, but that is why I threw out a "2500 dollar budget build". He did have slicks and open headers. But there are DOT tires that will hook, and 3" exhaust that will flow. I've always built small blocks to this point. I've owned a few big blocks, but never built one.

Hoping to find something at the Dubuque swap meet this weekend for either Duster :) Excited to go..... and I'm actually going to be excited to let some money go!!!! :D

fffffftt …. ffffffffttt……. fffffftttt…..
th?id=OIP.Wpt9y508uWf4FsnUx5Z8bwHaF9&w=278&h=216&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.jpg

I tink I hear'd a engine hoist...……...

149 pages, 3600 posts. Haven't checked in awhile, getting carpal tunnel in my thumb from scrolling lol, but guessing the race has been run. Who won the race?

Pat

-
Back