• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
Just got back from the emergency they gave me a bag of fluid check my blood work and told me I have basically a viral infection. Looks like I'll just have to wait it out for a couple more days.
Maybe fishman67 will let you put that 40 bucks towards your ER bill.... :)

Just got back from the emergency they gave me a bag of fluid check my blood work and told me I have basically a viral infection. Looks like I'll just have to wait it out for a couple more days.
Don't die on us now. you have a Duster to tame.

Don't die on us now. you have a Duster to tame.
I'm over the age of playing hero..
Call EMT for the first time in my life last night.. I'm really not that bad I just wanted to make sure I'm not trying to play Hero again like I said LOL too many doctors and hospitals in too much insurance today Hero at home... Besides that I don't think I was that close...
Thank you though men..

This is more directed at 318 than anybody else but you're all welcome to look at it. This is a comparison of the bearings on the pinions on the 742 and the 489 housings.
Notice that the size of the bearings on the 742 are bigger than the bearings on the 489 pinion.
The 489 pinion inner bearing is physically in diameter bigger by an eighth of an inch but the 742 is physically wider and has more rollers on the inner bearing.
The front pinion bearing on the 742 is much larger than the 489. By the way the 489 front pinion bearing is the same part number for the 741 pinion.

15718925926781294204503.jpg

The one on top in the picture is of course the 489 pinion and it is wearing a crush sleeve Eliminator.

Last edited:
15718936167711424615103.jpg

The top pinion was a pinion for the 489 housing, brand new never been used had been machined too small to use the 1 7/8 bearing.
It is turned down now to accept the 1 3/4 inch bearing from a 742 housing.

Which is what the middle pinion is from.

The Third pinion is a unmodified 489 housing pinion.

You can figure from these pictures I'm out in the garage looking for my crossmembers. lol at midnight.

I want to run the Dart at least 1 pass before the track closes for the winter.

Crap, the hits just keep on rolling.

I'm working my way to the front of the garage thru the pile.
I start smelling something. I'm thinking dead mouse.
I work my way a few more feet. The smell is stronger. I'm thinking that doesn't smell like a dead mouse that smells like a raccoon.
I called it quits for the night. I'll go coon hunting tomorrow.
This cold weather is driving every critter to find shelter.

Set those in the floorboard in the Duster and you'll go 5 mph faster just sitting still.
Floorboards? Wonder what the difference would be bolted on the engine! 12's ?? We'll, unfortunately they go back to the owner.

I'm over the age of playing hero..
Call EMT for the first time in my life last night.. I'm really not that bad I just wanted to make sure I'm not trying to play Hero again like I said LOL too many doctors and hospitals in too much insurance today Hero at home... Besides that I don't think I was that close...
Thank you though men..
You doing any better ??????

Ok, I'll call the track in the morning and make sure they are going 1/4 this weekend. Plan is to go down and run the 1/4. No changes to the car from last weekend. But guess what? Even though we've had no rain the past 3 days, it's 50% chance of rain tomorrow, and then back to sunshine Sunday. WHY ????? I guess tomorrow will tell the story

Ok, I'll call the track in the morning and make sure they are going 1/4 this weekend. Plan is to go down and run the 1/4. No changes to the car from last weekend. But guess what? Even though we've had no rain the past 3 days, it's 50% chance of rain tomorrow, and then back to sunshine Sunday. WHY ????? I guess tomorrow will tell the story

If your going to go, call and let me know.

-
Back