• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
Here is what I spent my money at the swap meet on.

1554674991291-1397555000.jpg

I've got to get my MT's mounted. Kind of looking for 15x7 aluminum slots...… I also need to do the rear end swap..... I'm going to use the 8.25 backing plates/brakes.

Last edited:
nope. A body rear end with adaptors for the 4.5 bolt pattern
Adapters ? no no no and no. no adapters for me. your experience with adapters must differ from mine.
I couldn't keep them from loosening, the ones available in the late 70's.

Adapters ? no no no and no. no adapters for me. your experience with adapters must differ from mine.
I couldn't keep them from loosening, the ones available in the late 70's.
Never had an issue in years. Not saying it's what I'd suggest, but it's how I put the rims/tires on the car......

were there any performance or rare parts you passed up.
Passed on a set of +.030 440 pistons with 6pac rods for $250. They had what looked like a 11 to 1 raised flat top.
I think 6pac rods are worth about 50 cents a piece. I will call the guy in a few days an see if he sold them.

Half tempted to go with the 2.94's instead of 3.23's. Still be a 1/2 a turn on the driveshaft vs 2.45's. We'll see.
I had 4 mods I wanted to do to the '76 360 Duster. Headers, rear end, cam and ported heads (or magnums). April and i'm already into the 2nd mod.... hold off rain!!!

it's apart..... confirmed 2.94's. It's raining, cold, 35*, could get freez'n rain ….
Well on that truck that I got son of seed truck LOL I confirmed 1 and 3/4 drive shaft turns per one wheel turn so it's a 354 open. Job said he was interested in the housing and the Axel's so maybe the 354 gears would work for you? I wouldn't know how to ship this thing what a mess..

Well on that truck that I got son of seed truck LOL I confirmed 1 and 3/4 drive shaft turns per one wheel turn so it's a 354 open. Job said he was interested in the housing and the Axel's so maybe the 354 gears would work for you? I wouldn't know how to ship this thing what a mess..
so 3.55's. That's a nice gear. With a 904, I'm not sure I want to go more than 3.23's on the street. If you were closer, I'd buy them off you "just to have them". LOL.
To ship the rear end housing, you need to strap it to a pallet, then take it to fastener.

I was thinking this morning...... about going a lot faster. Found a set of 4.11's, sure grip in a 741 case for sale. Then a 9.5 converter..... solid cam (I already have adjustable rockers), ……….. but then I end up with a 1 purpose car again... just what I got away from…..

so 3.55's. That's a nice gear. With a 904, I'm not sure I want to go more than 3.23's on the street. If you were closer, I'd buy them off you "just to have them". LOL.
To ship the rear end housing, you need to strap it to a pallet, then take it to fastener.

I was thinking this morning...... about going a lot faster. Found a set of 4.11's, sure grip in a 741 case for sale. Then a 9.5 converter..... solid cam (I already have adjustable rockers), ……….. but then I end up with a 1 purpose car again... just what I got away from…..
Well you have the other car? Also if I was shipping housing and axles on a pallet anyways putting the cost and all that stuff...

Well you have the other car? Also if I was shipping housing and axles on a pallet anyways putting the cost and all that stuff...
you sound like my son..... you have two..... LOL :D
I sold my trailer some years back. I have a relaxing hour to the strip. Make it down there about 6x a year...… That's a lot of car and money for 6x a year... LOL. That's why I'm planning on a low dollar, highway geared, very streetable 12.7's.

I would guess 135 bucks to ship that rear end... but that is just a shot in the dark guess. :D

you sound like my son..... you have two..... LOL :D
I sold my trailer some years back. I have a relaxing hour to the strip. Make it down there about 6x a year...… That's a lot of car and money for 6x a year... LOL. That's why I'm planning on a low dollar, highway geared, very streetable 12.7's.

I would guess 135 bucks to ship that rear end... but that is just a shot in the dark guess. :D
Yes Woodburn is about an hour away and I have 354 gears also and plan to drive. I'm looking at about 26 2700 RPMs..

Yes Woodburn is about an hour away and I have 354 gears also and plan to drive. I'm looking at about 26 2700 RPMs..
At what speed? I think 4 speeds have a better final drive.... zero slippage vs converter

At what speed? I think 4 speeds have a better final drive.... zero slippage vs converter
Yes about 70 RPMs better I think LOL I plan on doing 55 or 60 but it is a 65 mile-an-hour freeway but I don't give a rat I'll just stay in the slow lane and take it easy.
I'll prove its fastness at the track...

I plan on doing 55 or 60 but it is a 65 mile-an-hour freeway but I don't give a rat I'll just stay in the slow lane and take it easy.

LOL.... I did that on I-44, I-40, and I-80 in the Ramcharger last Sept. I did 60 mph and let the world blow by me at 80-85 mph... :D

That has 3.55's with a 31" tire. approx. 2450 rpm's at 60.

-
Back