• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
That could likely have been too much information...
stop yourself.... LOL. we'll call it "run". I made 2 runs by myself and Jaba rode with me once. Lucky I got that many passes as many chivies they were pushing off the track.... :D

Last edited:
We both made a pass at the same time in 318needmorevalves yellow Mustang. I guess you could say that was a tie. LOL We both got to the end of the track at the same time.
my gas pedal foot had to be a little farther than your feet..... 318WR for the win :D

That could likely have been too much information...
you don't have to worry about me racing that friends Camaro now with the whopping 426 hp 6 speed. My son beat him today with his Scat Pak :D I'll just say "son, need the keys for a minute"

you don't have to worry about me racing that friends Camaro now with the whopping 426 hp 6 speed. My son beat him today with his Scat Pak :D I'll just say "son, need the keys for a minute"
disagreed you got to make your duster do something and stop living on the coattails of others LOL:poke:

disagreed you got to make your duster do something and stop living on the coattails of others LOL:poke:
now you gone and dunnit. he's gonna run an 11.3 in spite of you, in street trim with a budget 360 Duster.

While we were sitting in the staging area there were at least 4 Chebys towed away from the starting line. LOL makes me want to own a Cheby.

why? Don't even have to get greasy with the Scat Pak. :D Big 'ole 392 Hemi. I'm guessing if it would dead hook it would turn high 11's. LOL. Coattails of others? Safest place to be...

Lesson for the day
In 1973 the Plymouth Roadrunner was available with the 8 and 3/4 with a 340 in front of it and also I had a 73 Roadrunner 400 big block car it came with the 9 and 1/4. I believe that was about the last year for the 8 3/4 in a car.
I also had a 73 Roadrunner with a 318 manual 3-speed on the floor that came with and 8 and 1/4.
I also had a 73 Roadrunner GTX that came with a 440 with the 9 and 1/4 behind it.
You may notice I like the 73 Roadrunner. Most of them are red but the 440 Roadrunner with the GTX package was blue.
The reason I want an eight and three-quarter to go under a Dodge truck is I'm not having a lot of luck with these 9 in the quarters. My 76 Plymouth trailduster has a 9 and a quarter under the back of it and I would just soon it had an eight and three-quarter.

My cousin has a 73 RR with a 340 4-speed with a 8.75, its a nice ride.
I have had nothing but good luck with a 9.25 never broke one, even running 44" tires.
My dad has an old power wagon with 240K miles on it, and the cover has not even been off the rear end.

now you gone and dunnit. he's gonna run an 11.3 in spite of you, in street trim with a budget 360 Duster.

Wait a minute j par ran a 13.7?
An has now slowed down even more with a cam regrind and less gear and less tire. He is probably running about a 15.5 now.
I think both of 318hasvalvesthatfly dusters are faster than that.

I talked to yellowcab451 the other day, he's going to post some slips for us from his summits series racing.
should be some low to mid 9 runs.

I talked to yellowcab451 the other day, he's going to post some slips for us from his summits series racing.
should be some low to mid 9 runs.
Forgot about him... he is the guy that Jaws was asking what business he had living ? LOL.... :D

I think it's a cross between cope and j pars car. I don't believe it is as light as Pittsburghracer's.

Geese I fall asleep for a nap for an hour and a half and wake up and you guys have been jabbering like nobody's business...
I don't think 318 has valves that will fly has ever had a fast duster OF HIS OWN...
Wait a minute j par ran a 13.7?
An has now slowed down even more with a cam regrind and less gear and less tire. He is probably running about a 15.5 now.
I think both of 318hasvalvesthatfly dusters are faster than that.

Geese I fall asleep for a nap for an hour and a half and wake up and you guys have been jabbering like nobody's business...
I don't think 318 has valves that will fly has ever had a fast duster OF HIS OWN...
Why would I spend money on that? I have friends.... :D And now a son with a high 11 second car. "Giv 'em der keys to me" and a way I go :)
:thumbsup:

I'll just see what Jabs runs, and I have friends right there at the track. I'll just borrow the car for one pass, take the bent pushrod trophy home, and call it a year :)

So the 360 duster didn't make it to the track?
Is it ready yet??
How about you jaba hows progress going you almost ready for a run?

My cousin has a 73 RR with a 340 4-speed with a 8.75, its a nice ride.
I have had nothing but good luck with a 9.25 never broke one, even running 44" tires.
My dad has an old power wagon with 240K miles on it, and the cover has not even been off the rear end.

2000 Durango and a 2000 1/2 ton extended cab both bad 9 1/4s.
Want to put a 8 3/4 under the truck and under my 76 Trailduster.

Last edited:
So the 360 duster didn't make it to the track?
Is it ready yet??
How about you jaba hows progress going you almost ready for a run?
My cars are all turn keys. Yes, the 360 Duster could race tonight, or last weekend, or last year. However, haven't done all the changes that will happen. It's still spring, and we have all summer :)

Last edited:
My cars are all turn keys. Yes, the 360 Duster could race tonight, or last weekend, or last fall. However, haven't done all the changes that will happen. It's still spring, and we have all summer :)
Where have I heard that before...

Why is it always left to me!? Do I have to go down and take runs with my duster to show you guys how it's done...:wtf:
And not my truck or my friends Camaro or whatever my a body, that I built...
Isn't that what this is about? Abody's? All I've heard talk about as Mustangs and Camaros going to the track... :poke:
:popcorn:

Why is it always left to me!? Do I have to go down and take runs with my duster to show you guys how it's done...:wtf:
And not my truck or my friends Camaro or whatever my a body, that I built...
Isn't that what this is about? Abody's? All I've heard talk about as Mustangs and Camaros going to the track... :poke:
:popcorn:
Jaba isn't ready. It's still spring, we have all summer. I usually run whatever I drove to the swap meet … be it car or truck

-
Back