• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
That maybe is a 71-73 b body rearend. Don't cut it down. I may do some trading for it with you.
I don't think the perches measured correctly to be 71-73 b-body. It's a good housing/axles.

Bet it would be perfect for a Volare/Aspen. May even a Cordoba?

Update on the motorcycle wreck and my dash cam. It turns out that my dash cam was not recording what it was seeing. It recorded me trying to view what I thought I had recorded. So I have two 10 minute recordings of me trying to get to the file that should have contained the wreck. I love modern technology.

Update on the motorcycle wreck and my dash cam. It turns out that my dash cam was not recording what it was seeing. It recorded me trying to view what I thought I had recorded. So I have two 10 minute recordings of me trying to get to the file that should have contained the wreck. I love modern technology.
Haha! Sorry for laughing but I have the same luck. I bought a camcorder with my stag money, as my wife and I went on a 3 week honeymoon road trip thru Virginia upto New Hampshire. After viewing the tapes , I realized that half the footage was of my feet as I mistakenly double tapped the pause button all the time. I guess she got over it as she's put up with my lack of high tech skills for 20 years now. Your quote made us both laugh out loud .

well, small blow to the project, but not all is lost....

The 8.75 rear end that I had for a few years that I took on trade (said to be a B-body/3.23) with another mopar guy… well, I dug it out. It's 46" center to center on the perches and about 56" flange to flange..... LOL. E-body? C-body? Oh, and those 3.23's.... ummm yeah, try 2.76's :D

good news is the case is 742, and a good 2.76 is nice to have around. The rest? back to storage.

I guess Jaba caught a break, I'll be starting the race with 2.94's...… way up from 2.45's … LOL
:lol:

That maybe is a 71-73 b body rearend. Don't cut it down. I may do some trading for it with you.

I'm thinking about replacing a 9 1/4 under a truck with an 8 3/4.
I got that son of seed truck rear end, but first I'm not sure if it fits ya'lls needs, and if that star lines up, I'm sure shipping would kill a fair deal...

Last edited:
I got that son of seed truck rear end, but first I'm not sure if it fits ya'lls needs, and if that star lines up, I'm sure shipping would kill a fair deal...
well, for me a truck rear end would be taking the hard road. Have to have it shortened (axles and housing), perches moved. I'll get a complete 8.75 B-body.

well, for me a truck rear end would be taking the hard road. Have to have it shortened (axles and housing), perches moved. I'll get a complete 8.75 B-body.
Like I said fits y'alls needs...
I wasn't sure that the eight and three-quarter you had was just the perches. And of course jab isn't specific about why he wants to replace the 9 1/4? In what?

It would be more like if you could use the 489 case with a 355 open and jab needs a truck rear end housing and axles, .. the only 9 and 1/4 I've ever had was on a truck...

It would be more like if you could use the 489 case with a 355 open and jab needs a truck rear end housing and axles, .. the only 9 and 1/4 I've ever had was on a truck...
Give me 3.55's and you might as well cough up the 40 bucks tonight :D

Lesson for the day
In 1973 the Plymouth Roadrunner was available with the 8 and 3/4 with a 340 in front of it and also I had a 73 Roadrunner 400 big block car it came with the 9 and 1/4. I believe that was about the last year for the 8 3/4 in a car.
I also had a 73 Roadrunner with a 318 manual 3-speed on the floor that came with and 8 and 1/4.
I also had a 73 Roadrunner GTX that came with a 440 with the 9 and 1/4 behind it.
You may notice I like the 73 Roadrunner. Most of them are red but the 440 Roadrunner with the GTX package was blue.
The reason I want an eight and three-quarter to go under a Dodge truck is I'm not having a lot of luck with these 9 in the quarters. My 76 Plymouth trailduster has a 9 and a quarter under the back of it and I would just soon it had an eight and three-quarter.

Lesson for the day
In 1973 the Plymouth Roadrunner was available with the 8 and 3/4 with a 340 in front of it and also I had a 73 Roadrunner 400 big block car it came with the 9 and 1/4. I believe that was about the last year for the 8 3/4 in a car.
I also had a 73 Roadrunner with a 318 manual 3-speed on the floor that came with and 8 and 1/4.
I also had a 73 Roadrunner GTX that came with a 440 with the 9 and 1/4 behind it.
You may notice I like the 73 Roadrunner. Most of them are red but the 440 Roadrunner with the GTX package was blue.
The reason I want an eight and three-quarter to go under a Dodge truck is I'm not having a lot of luck with these 9 in the quarters. My 76 Plymouth trailduster has a 9 and a quarter under the back of it and I would just soon it had an eight and three-quarter.
well, I'll certainly make you a deal on the one I just opened up.... :)

Oh crap what am I thinking LOL? I think it's going to take more than 355's...

The one you have is for a car correct? How wide is it??
46" from center to center on the perchs. I think about 56" from flange to flange (housing)

well, small blow to the project, but not all is lost....

The 8.75 rear end that I had for a few years that I took on trade (said to be a B-body/3.23) with another mopar guy… well, I dug it out. It's 46" center to center on the perches and about 56" flange to flange..... LOL. E-body? C-body? Oh, and those 3.23's.... ummm yeah, try 2.76's :D

good news is the case is 742, and a good 2.76 is nice to have around. The rest? back to storage.

I guess Jaba caught a break, I'll be starting the race with 2.94's...… way up from 2.45's … LOL
:lol:
Around almost 57 flange to flange on my Duster..

What problems did it cause you?
too wide to begin with. couldn't put the rims/tires I wanted. 2nd, I had to cut the perches off and weld new on. B-bodies are just as cheap, common, and don't have those two issues.

too wide to begin with. couldn't put the rims/tires I wanted. 2nd, I had to cut the perches off and weld new on. B-bodies are just as cheap, common, and don't have those two issues.
I was just wondering I hadn't run into any problems. It might be just the SS Springs that I have that Jack the car up so high I can put anything under there...

So I forgot to ask.....
You both where at the track at the same time...
Did either of you make a pass??

So I forgot to ask.....
You both where at the track at the same time...
Did either of you make a pass??

We both made a pass at the same time in 318needmorevalves yellow Mustang. I guess you could say that was a tie. LOL We both got to the end of the track at the same time.

-
Back