• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
Really you don't like the silver in the wheels?..
usually they mark the outer rim and tire to see if the rim slipped in the tire. Many put 50 screws in around because of that.... LOL

I was hoping to see the gold inners

you can see the mark on the back tire of the '57
57-chevy-vintage-drag-car-gasser-super-chevy-feature-magazine-car-museum-car-1.jpg

usually they mark the outer rim and tire to see if the rim slipped in the tire. Many put 50 screws in around because of that.... LOL

I've only painted one silver, I might go get some gold tomorrow again and try one.

I'd be hard-pressed to think that a spoter wasn't watching to see if the car was getting Tire Spin and that wouldn't help long before we had instant replay and all that stuff on our cell phones..

I like just seeing it so you can see how fast the tires spinning. Its cool :thumbsup: That's what they used it for, checking to see tire slippage..

yeah, the rim spinning inside the tire at launch wouldn't be ideal... LOL.

While I patiently wait for the call on my 8.75 rear end, I ordered some 1/4 panel PLYMOUTH decals that will compliment the Gold slots in the old school look …..

of course in between the rain....

Oh that's why they use to put that there?
I never knew that! Thanks for the info

All new exhaust seats leavin' the "turbulence canyon"..... Don't show much in the picture, but the new seat overlaps in the bowl where the casting was reaching to the original seat

DSCN1866.JPG

Pretty valves. Are you porting them?
Started on the exhaust side on this head. I'm blending the "new seats" into the old bowl the best I can. Making the passage around the valve guide a more "desirable" exit. Already made a big difference, but still more exhaust work to do.

FLY ???? LOL.... I give no promises... What did these seats cover up?? Cracks? Who knows...… :D Onward soldier

I have voted...but honestly, I don't really care who wins. I think it's pretty awesome that two guys can get together, make a couple passes, eat some fries, hang out and do it a couple times through out the summer. That will be a memory for them long after we forget about this thread. Good luck boys!

Pretty sure my dad knows Jada, from way back in the day... Well maybe me, but I would have been like 2 years old... And he wasn't a slouch then...
LOL.... reminds me of a song..... "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once, as I ever was..." :D

I have voted...but honestly, I don't really care who wins. I think it's pretty awesome that two guys can get together, make a couple passes, eat some fries, hang out and do it a couple times through out the summer. That will be a memory for them long after we forget about this thread. Good luck boys!
Honestly, this is how Jaba and I see this whole event. We've always had laughs, something to eat, and a good time each time we met up. I'll be cheering for Jaba all the way up to my front door.... AND THAT'S IT !!!! :D

Honestly, this is how Jaba and I see this whole event. We've always had laughs, something to eat, and a good time each time we met up. I'll be cheering for Jaba all the way up to my front door.... AND THAT'S IT !!!! :D

So when I pass your door you will stop cheering for me?

-
Back