2021 - 2022 Ford Bronco

-
Well it made it to the dealer in Iowa. I cant get there till oct 17th to pick it up. A fellow maverick truck club owner asked me for the last 8 of the vin, and said he would send me pix when he went to pick up his truck this past wednesday. So heres pix. The mythical silver buffalo does exist.

View attachment 1715995367

View attachment 1715995368

View attachment 1715995369

There's already a Maverick owners truck club? Looks nice- Co worker has one on the way also. I've only seen a couple of them on the road here in Boise so far.

Would you rather see an LS swap?
:lol:
Boo LS swaps are boring.

attachment-19.jpeg

Flying out to pick up this Maverick today. Yall wish me good luck on the trip. I figure I will be back in Abilene Tx. by tuesday evening. Should be getting the keys and on the road by 3:30pm.

My sister just got a new Bronco. Not the throwback one, but the more utilitarian one. She likes it so far. Says it gets way better mileage than her Jeep Wrangler.

Buddy just picked up his 'vert hardtop Bronco...ordered it LAST October....They asked if he wanted the soft top he could have had it in June.

All I can say is what an absolutely delightful vehicle this thing is. Very user friendly. My trip home was a dream. 8 hours per day in the drivers seat and I dont feel worn out. I have a messed up lower back and this was the torture test.

I have the 4,000 tow group. Ford says that one gets 29mpg highway. I averaged 30.2mpg. The passing acceleration is great too. Honestly if you dont have a need for a fullsize pickup but still want a truck, I would seriously recommend one of these.

20221114_153701.jpg

20221114_163249.jpg

20221115_071352.jpg

20221115_085615.jpg

All I can say is what an absolutely delightful vehicle this thing is. Very user friendly. My trip home was a dream. 8 hours per day in the drivers seat and I dont feel worn out. I have a messed up lower back and this was the torture test.

I have the 4,000 tow group. Ford says that one gets 29mpg highway. I averaged 30.2mpg. The passing acceleration is great too. Honestly if you dont have a need for a fullsize pickup but still want a truck, I would seriously recommend one of these.

View attachment 1716010887

View attachment 1716010888

View attachment 1716010889

View attachment 1716010890
They're pretty good lookin little trucks, too.

I did not order it online thru ford. You cannot do that. You have to go thru a dealership. A legally mandated middleman. I found a dealer called Granger Motors Ford in Iowa wanting to grow their dealership. They offered a deal from december 26/2021 thru january 31st 2022 Maverick ecoboost only. $3,000 off MSRP. I am also a farm Bureau member and got another $500 off. Only fees they wanted were $180 document fee, and a $35 temp tag fee. I pay the sales tax in my state once all the appropriate paperwork arrives in my mailbox.

The only way you pay ADM or Additional Dealer Markup is if the dealer adds it onto the price. Like in that previous Bronco window pic where it says "market adjustment" on a second sticker. That second sticker is a dealer slapped on sticker to bend you over for more cash. Not all dealers do that. And the dealers that do are disgusting. As a matter of fact Granger has some Mavericks from the special offer that people decided they didnt want when they came in. These are now on the lot for straight MSRP and NO ADM or market adjustment added. My local dealer had a FWD ecoboost XL on the lot with no other options. A $22k vehicle. Its price on their lot was $40K so an $18000 ADM. So I found a screaming deal, used my airline flight bennies and flew to DesMoines Iowa. I drove 820 miles home in 2 days. Between gas, tolls, food and hotel room I spent maybe $250.

My wife drove mine when I got it home. She was impressed with the features, roominess, how it drove. Not too impressed with the light grey inserts in the plastics, and didnt like the seat upholstery colors light grey/dark grey or the orange interior accents. I like all of it. Plus She doesnt want to spend over $22k for a vehicle and was looking at a base model corolla cross. I showed her the maverick XL with the dark grey plastics, and dark grey/black seat upholstery, no orange accents. She really liked that. I went thru the options list on an XL only thing it doesnt have that my XLT has besides the wheels and badging is power mirrors. She said shes fine with that because once she sets them, she never messes with them. Plus the XL has 7 different exterior colors she can pick from. The corolla cross base model there were only 4, and it only came with light grey interior.she didnt like that light grey. With kids it looks like *** in weeks.

I told her a FWD EcoBoost XL with in cab power inverter, full size spare, and tow hitch comes to $23,555 with our $500 farm Bureau membership rebate plus sales tax. This is inline with the out the door price on a corolla cross. She likes the charcoal grey metallic.

Heres pix of mine with custom wheels and bed topper. BTW the brake rotors are huge!! Those are 18" rims. I will be getting drop springs to lower it with a 2"-3" drop as soon as Eibach gets them into production. I will put my XLT allow wheels on hers, and keep her steelies for winter use on mine. She wants a bed topper, weathertech mats, and a bedrug like mine. And she will have them. I suppose I will be contacting my Granger sales lady Ashleigh and ordering an XL next september. Second pic is my workup on that.

20221118_065326.jpg

Screenshot_20221117-134816_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Have not wrote in for a bit, but made a trip from Abilene to Dallas the other day. Averaged 32.1 mpg with this truck. Running 75 the whole way with spurts up to 83 mph to get around the semi trucks. No problems at all with this trucklet. I have been doing oil changes every 3,000 miles and using Quaker State 5w30 full synthetic and Ford filters. Ford says the 4k towing pak w AWD should only get 30 mpg. Plus I do small truck things with it when needed. The left side tailgate tiedown is one I custom made. The OEM one had to be removed for the tailgate assist strut.

20230720_071420.jpg

20230705_114615.jpg

20230705_114608.jpg

Have not wrote in for a bit, but made a trip from Abilene to Dallas the other day. Averaged 32.1 mpg with this truck. Running 75 the whole way with spurts up to 83 mph to get around the semi trucks. No problems at all with this trucklet. I have been doing oil changes every 3,000 miles and using Quaker State 5w30 full synthetic and Ford filters. Ford says the 4k towing pak w AWD should only get 30 mpg. Plus I do small truck things with it when needed. The left side tailgate tiedown is one I custom made. The OEM one had to be removed for the tailgate assist strut.

View attachment 1716117569

View attachment 1716117570

View attachment 1716117571
Sounds like it's been a great investment for you.
:thumbsup:

Hey Matt, those wheels actually go well with that truck

Kinda reminds me of the BBS wheels that were a must on German cars a few decades ago

Nice job

-
Back