2021 MLB World Series "MLB SUX"

-
I remember that, it was hysterical. Kruk put his helmet on backwards and got in the right handed batter's box after seeing that fastball from the lefty Johnson.

I am also a HUGE John Kruk fan. Not because he was ever the best player, but because he was all of us. One of the most relatable players to ever play.

I wish I could've seen Griffey Jr vs Nolan Ryan

Griffey Jr. would have hit it farther than Will Clark did in first game rookie year. NOBODY Griffey couldn't hit...Griffey was also smart enough to never get the idea that charging the mound on Nolan would have positive results...

I had look it up. Griffey's stats against Ryan were:

31 PA, 25 AB, 6 H, 1 2B, 2 HR, 6 BB, 5 K, .240/.387/.520 slash line

Griffey Jr. would have hit it farther than Will Clark did in first game rookie year. NOBODY Griffey couldn't hit...Griffey was also smart enough to never get the idea that charging the mound on Nolan would have positive results...
Junior had the most beautiful lefty swing ever.

There's a great statue of Ken outside of T-Mobile park on the corner of Edgar Martinez & Dave Neihouse. I was in 6th grade when he burst on the scene. Maybe it was a simpler time in 89 but I haven't seen such hype for a player since then. I always think what that 2001 season could have been if Griffey was still a mariner, possibly 120+ wins and maybe a world series pendant.
Griffey is now co-owner of the Mariners, maybe just maybe his mentality will push the Mariners over the hump.

I had look it up. Griffey's stats against Ryan were:

31 PA, 25 AB, 6 H, 1 2B, 2 HR, 6 BB, 5 K, .240/.387/.520 slash line

And no charging the mound on chin music...

But, how about Will "The Thrill" Clark Much better than Griffey against Nolan:

Over his career, Clark would face Ryan 39 times and collect 12 hits in 36 at bats – for a .333 average. More impressive, eight of those 12 hits would go for extra bases, six leaving the park. Clark’s six home runs are those most any batter hit off Ryan – despite the fact that 163 hitters had more plate appearances versus Ryan than Clark.

And no charging the mound on chin music...

But, how about Will "The Thrill" Clark Much better than Griffey against Nolan:

Over his career, Clark would face Ryan 39 times and collect 12 hits in 36 at bats – for a .333 average. More impressive, eight of those 12 hits would go for extra bases, six leaving the park. Clark’s six home runs are those most any batter hit off Ryan – despite the fact that 163 hitters had more plate appearances versus Ryan than Clark.
I guess that was the difference back then, national coverage of teams, all I remember is having will Clark cards and that he was good from those stats.

I guess that was the difference back then, national coverage of teams, all I remember is having will Clark cards and that he was good from those stats.

Will is also the reason that pitchers hold their gloves up to their faces when talking to the catcher or coach on the mound. Playoff game against Greg Maddux in 1989. Catcher went out and Will could read Greg's lips. Fastball in...fastball out for a grand slam...

As a kid, I had several posters of mlb players in my room - Will Clark, Wally Joyner, Darryl Strawberry, and Tony Gwynn. Growing up a Dodger fan, Kirk Gibson was my favorite player.

I just wish I was able to see the generations play that preceded that group.

Oh, Bruce bochte, wasn't he the Giants coach recently?

As a kid, I had several posters of mlb players in my room - Will Clark, Wally Joyner, Darryl Strawberry, and Tony Gwynn. Growing up a Dodger fan, Kirk Gibson was my favorite player.

I just wish I was able to see the generations play that preceded that group.
I used to think as a little kid pumping my arm like Gibson made me run faster lol.

-
Back