-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
So I don't want to call it the cliche "new year resolutions" but I can say for me, this year from hell has made me really miss and appreciate a lot of things that I took for granted because I assumed the good times would never change.

Assuming covid does a disappearing act.....

road trips.....I'm going on more road trips. Might go to Canada. The last time I had a fun road trip was summer of 19. I want to tour my home state first and then I might venture out to Canada if a deal works out on a car(s) I want.

Concerts and raves : the last time I was at kick *** rave was October of 19. Dang I miss the strobe lights, pyrotechnics, and very large crowds singing a familiar song together and the heart re pacing bass.

BBQs and pool parties: the last time I threw a kick *** BBQ and pool party was August of 19.
I miss swimming in warm water with kick *** jams playing and how the music sounds as you're coming out from under water. Then after dark the colored lights in the water and DJ lights sparkilng over the pool water.

I miss cruising around on warm evenings and seeing a lot of cars and people around. I even miss the mall and the old vibe of lots of people around. Now my local mall looks like a ghost town with a big empty hole where Sears was. It's sad.

Nachos: all my local gas stations have removed the nacho machines due to Covid restrictions.
I want my damn nachos back.

2021, I'm depending on you to bring normal back.

What do you miss and hope to see again in 2021.

Glenwood_Canyon_I-70.jpeg

Plur-ravejungle.jpg

BnB Nachos Rule 02.jpg

We've been ordering groceries since April and just picking them up. I can't wait to choose my own vegetables again or go to the local farmer's market. My favorite restaurant and catching up on a backlog of retirement parties that got cancelled. Also missed the test n tune at my local track in March. They held events later in the pandemic but i don't like going when it's hot. But most of all; there is a small racing venue out on the Pacific Coast that had their entire season canceled this year. I may never get back there myself but i've been keeping up with their FB page and they could use some (any) support. Here's a picture of my very first race with my barracuda. I don't know if the other 2 Abodies are FABO family or not....
first_race.JPG

Picture1.jpg

As bad as 2020 has been, I've done lots of stuff.
I've been to three countries and 30 states this year.
I drove to carlisle,Pennsylvania for mopar nationals, Rode to sturgis South Dakota, Cruised to mexico and the caribbean out of the Miami port. I've seen around 50 concerts this year. Most public and a few private. Went to Arizona to tour their junk yards. Went to Alabama and picked up another 70 m46 barracuda. Went to a party in Las Vegas a month and a half ago for a private concert from the band Otherwise. Had some great party days with my fellow Shiprockers.
All the while, still working. Funny how people are building houses in the mountains. They are moving from the cities in droves. Screw up their own areas and then move to mine and start the screwing up of this area. Regardless, lots of work as I'm a general contractor Custom Home builder.
I'll tell ya what, it has been nice this year to drive around and not have the typical traffic that most years have.
I don't believe in the bull crap and I refuse to wade in a heard of sheep.
I do what I want, when I want , where I want. I practice my God given rights of freedom.
Maybe more people should do the same and this crap won't be happening. What are people gonna do when the guns are being confiscated? Lay down, put your mask on and OBEY.

I will say that my Shiprocked cruise was delayed and then canceled this year due to the cruise ships not being allowed to take people on cruises. That will be nice to get back. It's been rescheduled for January of 2022.
It will also be nice to not "know" how many sheeple there are around me when everyone takes their masks off.

I can barely tell this year was different. That obviously means my life sucks.

30 years ago I made a New Year’s resolution ...... no more New Years resolutions and so far it’s worked out. I hope everyone has a Great Christmas and see you next season.
:thumbsup:

I look forward to being able to travel again, being able to cross the border for day trips is something that I really miss, still have parts sitting in Montana since March. I booked a couple extra days off over Christmas with the hope of getting away for a couple days to Coeur D' Alene, not happening now thanks to this crap. So I'll stay home, as I've been doing most weekends this year. I miss the car shows and events, look forward to being able to get to them again.
When it all happens remains to be seen, our big swap meet that normally happens in mid February has already been cancelled.:(

I don't do resolutions.
I have always been fan of live music, fairs, car shows, racing and mingling with people, making new friends.
Well obviously 2020 was not conducive to any of those passions !
I hope they return !
Of coarse I'm always thankful for my mopar online friends !
Thanks for posting !
Happy New Years !
Hoping for the return of freedoms !

I’m with you on that, I don’t get any visitors to my place. I rarely travel out of state, I am single now after 9 years. That’s my biggest change of 2020.

That's reason for celebration if I ever heard it. Congratulations!

Good luck coming to Canada Princess, the borders are still closed and hope they stay that way until covid has finished its folishness … although it is not foolish, very serious stuff, although some people do not take it that way.

I can barely tell this year was different. That obviously means my life sucks.
Naw. I agree, Rob. I can't think of a reason to hate on 2020. More shop time. Less people at work, most management has been working from home for months. Track was open, so I went a couple times. Edit: How could I forget an awesome trip to Carlisle, also!
I will say, luckily nobody in my family got a bad case of covid. That's about the only downside I can see, lots of people lost family members. But that's God's business. I pray for their pain to be lessened.

Last edited:
Good luck coming to Canada Princess, the borders are still closed and hope they stay that way until covid has finished its folishness … although it is not foolish, very serious stuff, although some people do not take it that way.
Yes, I'm not even attempting it until way down the road when this covid shmovid is under control or gone.

Unless I find a Lada in the U.S. somewhere. They do exist stateside but very rare. I've seen a few nivas here in the U.S. but they were way over priced and I wanted a Riva.

1200px-Lada_2107_aka_Lada_Riva_October_1995_1452cc.jpg

@Princess Valiant

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002YGR0XI/?tag=fabo03-20

Problem solved.

Way back when I workd at a catering company. We did lots of shows, concerts, fairs, weddings, ect.

This stuff was always a big hit. I would on occasion end up with a can in my car by accident.....

This is not health food. Do not eat the entire can in a day or two. Your insides will not thank you.. Don't ask..

@Princess Valiant

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002YGR0XI/?tag=fabo03-20

Problem solved.

Way back when I workd at a catering company. We did lots of shows, concerts, fairs, weddings, ect.

This stuff was always a big hit. I would on occasion end up with a can in my car by accident.....

This is not health food. Do not eat the entire can in a day or two. Your insides will not thank you.. Don't ask..
I used to like to get a polish sausage from the gas station as well and run it under the nacho cheese machine. Cheesy polish sausage........ makes me want one now.
I would also smother nacho cheese on a plain McDonald's burger....... yum!!

Yes, I'm not even attempting it until way down the road when this covid shmovid is under control or gone.

Unless I find a Lada in the U.S. somewhere. They do exist stateside but very rare. I've seen a few nivas here in the U.S. but they were way over priced and I wanted a Riva.

View attachment 1715653682

Looks like a downsized Volvo.

For 2021 to hold and hug/kiss my little granddaughters without worrying if I'm putting them in danger. I haven't hugged them since March and it's really depressing. The older one turned 5 Friday and the little one is 1 1/2. I am so F@#$%^* angry at people who are so ignorant/arrogant and won't do common sense things.

Home Depot used to sell one of the best polish dogs. Sometimes i would go just to grab a dog.

I resolve to get laid in 2021. With a live human this time . Female. No duct tape involved. Am I asking too much?

May have to rethink the duct tape, but if you find the right gal it won't matter!

I miss the swap meets, car shows & drag races, this staying home is beginning to get ridiculous. Hopefully they will finally get a handle on this covid crap soon & things will get back to some normalcy.

-
Back