-
I bought my first duster in Idaho springs. It was a 74, original slant six car but someone put a smokey 318 in it. I drove it to Denver and then south to C springs. When I got just south of springs, it died. I think the timing chain went and just like that......a duster was on the tow truck the rest of the way.

I'll never forget how scary that was being on the side of the road in a broke down duster by myself.

I'd do it again even though it was stressful and an adrenaline rush when it was happening. It was scary when people would stop to try to help, because you don't know who is going to stop.

Once I got it home, I swapped a 360 in and dang that car was mean and fast. Then i sold it like a complete dumass because I bought a 68 dart and needed money.

I got out of a long, bad relationship, found a Unicorn car, bought a house this year, and took an old car 2700 miles to Carlisle and back. Aside from some stores and restaurants being closed, and a severe lack of car shows, this year wasn't bad for me. I hope to travel even more in an old car this coming year, the open road is calling my name.

Would love to be able to go to Carlisle again, if the border opens by then. Who knows, i might even have the Charger ready to make the 8 hour trip.

Yes, I'm not even attempting it until way down the road when this covid shmovid is under control or gone.

Unless I find a Lada in the U.S. somewhere. They do exist stateside but very rare. I've seen a few nivas here in the U.S. but they were way over priced and I wanted a Riva.

View attachment 1715653682

God I'm worried about you !

-
Back