2024 15th Annual FABO NASCAR "Pick 'Em" Game - One More Time!!!

-
I watched the complete race at Indy for the first time in years. I usually have it on while I'm doing something else, but this year because of Larson, I recorded it, and sat and watched. Not disappointed either. If not for the pit stop problem while running 6th, he may have had a top 10 finish, or more. Showed he belonged there, guys amazing. Great finish at the end when they turned up the wick and posted 225 mph laps.

Kyle Larson was named the 2024 Indy 500 "Rookie of the Year" following his 18th place finish at the brickyard.
He won $50,000 for being the RoY and took home a total of $178,000 when his race winnings were included.
Not a bad workday...and free flights!

Last edited:
Stewart-Haas Racing announced today that they will be closing following the end of the 2024 NASCAR season. Lots of folks will be looking for new employment.
23XI, Front Row, and Trackhouse Racing will be purchasing three of the four charters currently owned by SHR.
Will DEI purchase the remaining charter and step up to the big show?
Stay tuned.

Stewart-Haas Racing announced today that they will be closing following the end of the 2024 NASCAR season. Lots of folks will be looking for new employment.
23XI, Front Row, and Trackhouse Racing will be purchasing three of the four charters currently owned by SHR.
Will DEI purchase the remaining charter and step up to the big show?
Stay tuned.
Probably the result of Stewart going drag racing, Haas focusing on F1, and the lack of results from the drivers over the last few years. Harvick and Kurt did great in the equipment, but since both of them retired, the organization went downhill. Harvick didn't even win in his final season.

#34 Michael McDowell won the Pole for the Enjoy Illinois 300 at World Wide Technology Raceway.
No Pole pick bonus point again this week.

Unusual final 10 cars in the mix for the final qualifying, 5 Toyotas, 4 Fords, and only 1 Chevrolet.
Top three qualifiers were Fords. Kyle Busch in the only Chevrolet qualified tenth.

Unusual final 10 cars in the mix for the final qualifying, 5 Toyotas, 4 Fords, and only 1 Chevrolet.
Top three qualifiers were Fords. Kyle Busch in the only Chevrolet qualified tenth.
Must have been the superior aerodynamics of the MoFoCos :rolleyes: :lol:

@memike, I have a car club meeting this morning and may not be back to my computer when the race starts. Please post your race picks before the scheduled green flag time - 3:45 PM EDT (12:45 PM PDT).

Thanks

I feel like Penske will indeed be strong here, give me the 12 and 22 cars please, have a great weekend @ocdart

I want everyone here to know nascar is strong here in the south, sold out crowd here in St Louis, yep, topped off you could say

Blainy ran out of gas on the final lap :wtf::drama:or the man up stairs made the order to run out, he was 5 laps to the good .. yep, bet they ordered it so Centric could win to stay in next round, Blainy can win one for sure.

Congratulations to '44070dart' (FABO), the only NASCAR "Pick 'Em" game player to correctly pick #2 Austin Cindric to win the Enjoy Illinois 300. He picked up -5 bonus points.
Congrats also to both 'Sublime one' (FABO) and 'Yunick13' (FABO) for correctly picking the race runner-up, #11 Denny Hamlin. They each grabbed -3 bonus points.

'44070dart' (FABO) had the low net score for the week with
-2.0 points.

#20 Christopher Bell was the race leader at the end of the first stage, #34 Michael McDowell was in 2nd.
#20 Christopher Bell was the race leader at the end of second stage, #2 Austin Cindric was in 2nd.

Here are the game standings following the 2024 Enjoy Illinois 300 at World Wide Technology Raceway:
Yunick13 (FABO) 76.0 P11 12 L11 24 2
-3 86.0
cuda20 (FABO) 105.0 P5 12 45 24 4 119.0
LocuMob (FABO) 125.5 LP5 L9 L19 13 34 149.0
ocdart (FABO) 143.5 LP20 L5 L24 10 15 156.0
Alsant (FBBO) 152.0 47.0 LP24 L5 L24 10 15 164.5
Back in Time (FABO) 160.0 P22 34 12
(S1-1) 25 24 183.5
44070dart (FABO) 186.5 P22 2 L22
(S2-1) 1 5 -5 184.5
Sublime one (FABO) 173.0 LP5 L8 L11 35 2
-3 188.5
fishmens67 (FABO) 178.0 LP24 24 5 15 10 190.5
riverdawg (FBBO) 189.5 LP19 L19 L23 34 21 216.0
memike (FABO) 217.5 (no Pole pick) 12 22 24 5 232.0

As a reminder here's a quick explanation of what the above numbers represent:
(your score before the race) (your Pole pick car #) (Pole winner bonus point) (race pick car #) (race pick car #) (Stage 1 bonus points) (Stage 2 bonus points) (race pick finish position) (race pick finish position) (race winner/runner-up bonus points) (your score after the race)
Please let me know if I show either your Pole or Race picks incorrectly or if you have any questions.

Please post your picks for the next race and let me know if you want to "lock" them in for future weeks. I will put an "L" before either your Pole pick or your race picks to show they've been "locked".
As always, you can always make different picks each week. Your "locked" picks will always be there should you forget to post your race picks, your computer malfunctions or the site should go down temporarily.

Don't forget to get your picks for the Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway in Sonoma, CA, posted before the green flag drops at approximately 3:45 PM EDT (12:45 PM PDT) on Sunday, June 9. Any race picks or changes to previously posted race picks for this race posted after 3:45PM EDT (12:45PM PDT) will not be recognized.

Your Pole Pick for the Toyota/Save Mart 350 will need to be posted before qualifying starts at 6:00PM EDT (3:00PM PDT) on Saturday, June 8. Any qualifying picks or changes to previously posted qualifying picks for this race posted after 6:00PM EDT (3:00PM PDT) will not be recognized.
Cup Series practice for the Toyota/Save Mart 350 is scheduled for Friday, June 7, as shown on nascar.com.

Even blind squirrels find an acorn once in a while. A win is a win, even if it's *** backwards. :thumbsup: broke my sad streak of bad picks. :)

GettyImages-2155768660.jpg

Congratulations to all our winners, looks like my Arkansas cousin picked up another win, Congratulations @Sublime one

-
Back