215/65/15

-

MOPARJ

What can I upgrade now?
Reaction score
I have 15x7 Cragar SS wheels on the front of my 73 Duster. I currently run 205-60-15 tires, but they are too small looking. Could I squeeze a 215-65-15 on the front? I remember seeing these on a 71 recently with Torq Thrusts.

running 215 60 15 on a 69 dart, still has room.., likely could go the extra height and be ok.
Using stock 15 x 6.5 rally wheels

I have 15x7 Cragar SS wheels on the front of my 73 Duster. I currently run 205-60-15 tires, but they are too small looking. Could I squeeze a 215-65-15 on the front? I remember seeing these on a 71 recently with Torq Thrusts.

really over kill using a 7" rim with 205's... you could run those on a 5 or 5.5" rim...

probably fit a 225/60 np

Great question. Was also wondering if 215/65/15s would work on the front of my 68 dart? Seems like one car they work great and the next has problems with rubbing. But i guess each car is different and everyones combo is also. Soooooo Where are the abody guys with 215/65/15? Got to be some of you out there. Thanks in advance for any info and pics

I'm running t/a 215/65x15 on 6" wide wheels w/4" b.s. on my 75 Duster.
Had 215/70x15 on 7" rims w/4.25 b.s. but had to go with the 215s and 6" wheels because the tires rubbed.

Attachments

• DSCN0450.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 1,018
Heres my old 69 Barracuda 215-75s in the first picture 215-70s in the second. Both are on 15X5.5" rims

Attachments

• 569.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 961
  • 660.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 907
pgkeating, how do you like the way the 215/60/15s fill out your wheel wells? Have any pics? Also 805moparkid what size are you running up front? Thanks

The question is, small looking how? Not filling the wheel well, or not looking wide enough? Going from a 205 to a 215 only gives you 10mm in width, which is not much. Consider a wider tire with a lower profile. They always look even wider than they are. As far as filling the wheel well, a 205/60R15 has an OD of @ 24.7" and a 215/65R15 has an OD of @ 26". I am going to a Cragar SS clone on Monday. My fronts are going to be 205/65R15 and the rears will be 275/50R15 if I can find them to match.

In hind sight, I could have gone bigger (225) up front, but they look "right" on the car.

The rears are PERFECT. I could NOT have gone bigger. My fingers barely fit between the outer lip of the quarter and tire. Everyone at cruise nights always notice/complement how good they look.

I just got my new wheels and tires for my 73 Dart Sport. I went with 15 X 8 in the rear and 15 X 7 in the front. I stayed with my P265/50R15 BFG Radial TA in the rear, though they are discontinued. I am going to buy a set of P295/50R15 because they will fit and my suspension is stiff. They probably wouldn't rub anyway, but I can't bounce the rear fender anywhere near the tire. I went with P205/65R15 BFG Radial TA in the front. It fills well. I don't have pics of the front yet because one rim is coming late today. I will get some and post them to let you see how they fit.

I had 295-50-15s on the back of an E body. Tire guy hated me for having him mount them on a 8" rim. Way to narrow. We tried them on my friends 74 Dart Sport and they didnt fit. 15X8 weld pro stars with 4.5" back spacing

mopar to ya, where did you find the 205/65/15 radial t/a tires? look forward to seeing the the pics of your new set up

mopar to ya, where did you find the 205/65/15 radial t/a tires? look forward to seeing the the pics of your new set up

I sometimes work for a friend who owns a busy shop. I used to work there full time and opened it for him. I found them at ATD, or American Tire Distributors here in Minnesota. I just went online and checked their stock and also US Auto Force, and they are both out of stock. The tires are discontinued, so I doubt they will be getting more. I would have gone with P215/65R15 front and P295/50R15 rear in Cooper Cobra GT is I didn't find the matching BFG's for the front. I will hopefully get this thing done tomorrow and will get some pics. Maybe even a video of the tires roasting on the blacktop!

I had 295-50-15s on the back of an E body. Tire guy hated me for having him mount them on a 8" rim. Way to narrow. We tried them on my friends 74 Dart Sport and they didnt fit. 15X8 weld pro stars with 4.5" back spacing

I mount my own at my buddies shop. 295's are rated for 8"-10" rims. Wide tires and low sidewalls suck, but with the proper tire machine it can be done. As with most things tight, the trick is lube, lube, lube! :yawinkle:

Front wheel/tire on '68 GTS

IMGP0839.jpg

IMGP0840.jpg

The rears are what make it though....15X8

Dart006.jpg

Good luck with the BFG Radial T/A's.... seems as though they are all mostly on National Backorder. I have been searching for a new set of 225/60/15 for the front of my Barracuda (yes, I have modified the front lip) and there are NONE out there (except for a few that some of the stores are selling as a tire/rim combo and won't sell just the tires). I contacted BFG and got the reply of no set date for manufacturing. I can't believe that no one sells a RWL tire in this size. Even Mickey Thompson sells this size in a blackwall only option. Oh well. Maybe this will be my modivation to step up and move to a 17" wheel like the Torque Thrust. If the reproduction Goodyear E60-15's weren't so darn expensive, they would look cool and close to period correct.

Good luck with the BFG Radial T/A's.... seems as though they are all mostly on National Backorder. I have been searching for a new set of 225/60/15 for the front of my Barracuda (yes, I have modified the front lip) and there are NONE out there (except for a few that some of the stores are selling as a tire/rim combo and won't sell just the tires). I contacted BFG and got the reply of no set date for manufacturing. I can't believe that no one sells a RWL tire in this size. Even Mickey Thompson sells this size in a blackwall only option. Oh well. Maybe this will be my modivation to step up and move to a 17" wheel like the Torque Thrust. If the reproduction Goodyear E60-15's weren't so darn expensive, they would look cool and close to period correct.

They are discontinued. I will probably go to Cooper Cobra GT next time or maybe Goodyear Eagle GT, which they brought back a few years ago.

-
Back