225 /6 worth

-

mathewdylang

Reaction score
Everyone i see keeps saying people basically give these motors away, but i cant find one near me. I got my duster, thought it needed a k member but that was because my uncle pulled the /6 member out. He was going to 360 the car but now its mine. He gave me the k member and much to his sadness i want a 225 and a turbo, because well, i like an nder dog and a turbo. So my question what is one worth on the off chance i find one? I know it comes down to what ill spend but seeing as i cant find one to know prices what would be fair to pay? Hopefully one pops up.

It seems when you want to sell one, you can't give it away. I've seen core value of $375.00 which seems fair for a complete rebuildable core.

I have at least 3 people near me that has a 225/6 that said come and get them..
Well, the cost to clean and rebuild we need to have them gave to us for scrap sometimes, depends on what comes with it . JMO
Cost on one I hear run= rebuild :glasses7: I need to get it for 175 dollars or just buy one ready to go short block.... Like I said JMO.:glasses7:

To bad arkansas is a little ways off. My uncles friend has a farm full of v8s but as far my uncle knows not a slant 6 around. So i guess i go exploring tomorrow. Uncle said if i do find one hed probably not know he had it and give it to me. Id really like a turbo slanty

That was my next option but i really would like to mess with people in a factory slant car. Everyone around here has a v8. No one will run a turbo.

Was there any specific year 225 you wanted? Perhaps you wanted one out of a car and not a truck? If any type of 225 will do, have you checked the Y-yard there in Effingham for a late 70s/early 80s truck for a slant? You might be able to find one, or maybe talk to them and see if they can find you one in their parts network. Unfortunately, I think our closest Pick N Pull around here is over in Danville, and I don't know how they are on Mopar. Good luck in your search, and I'll keep my eyes open up here for you.

Thats about 4 hours away. And im really wanting a 225.

There are some that will argue that the 170 lends itself better to a turbo build because of the shorter stroke. I would tend to agree with them.

There are some that will argue that the 170 lends itself better to a turbo build because of the shorter stroke. I would tend to agree with them.

I would hit the turbo section and talk to that crew. They can tell you all that you need to know

I haven't brought the car home yet to see which 6 it is,but the air cleaner on mine isn't just used on 170's.

Was there any specific year 225 you wanted? Perhaps you wanted one out of a car and not a truck? If any type of 225 will do, have you checked the Y-yard there in Effingham for a late 70s/early 80s truck for a slant? You might be able to find one, or maybe talk to them and see if they can find you one in their parts network. Unfortunately, I think our closest Pick N Pull around here is over in Danville, and I don't know how they are on Mopar. Good luck in your search, and I'll keep my eyes open up here for you.

would want to keep it in the mid 60's to early 70's. lighter head, forged crank and rods. look for a BH block, they are the strongest

I guess i hadnt thought of the shorter stroke, it would allow for a little better revving with the turbo. I had only looked at the displacement number. The smaller engines could run a slightly smaller turbo as well. Thanks for the input.

As far as the y yard if its not a cookie cutter car less than 15 years old they wont have it. Theyre very picky about what they deal with.

Is it harder to find a 170? What should i look for one in? I dont want a rocket, just somethng fun no one around here has.

Ill do some research in the forced induction thread. Thanks everyone!

Talk to Bill Dedman on here. He's stroked up a REALLY nice turbo slant. I'm sure he could fill you in on exactly what you need.

I bought 2 spares (both running 1 hydraulic for the eventual turbo setup and 1 mechanical.) near me for $50.00 each WITH trans. they don't run so good , 1 needs a valve job and the other needs rebuilt but they do run.
so prices vary all over the place. see if you can find someone upgrading their /6 to a v8 and you should be able to get it at a decent price.

How soon do you need a engine? My Duster has 56,000 miles and I will be converting it to a v8.

I may pull mine in the fall or next spring.It runs like a sewing machine,I all most hate to convert it to a V8.I am near East Peoria,IL.Maybe 2 1/2 - 3 hours from you.

I am less than 2 hours away and have a couple of spare engines. Could meet you in Terre Haute, Indiana. 150.00 for an engine do you alright?

Cool stuff here. This is what makes this site different than any other. People willing to help.

And some of us never sleep either!

I've been a little better here very recently. I just stayed up for like three straight days so I would fall out one night and I've slept at night now ever since. lol

I am less than 2 hours away and have a couple of spare engines. Could meet you in Terre Haute, Indiana. 150.00 for an engine do you alright?

Does it run? 150 sounds good. It would be a week or two as i threw my back out at work a week ago. This site is awesome.

-
Back