225 balancer bolt

-

340 Dart

I don't know ****.
Reaction score
I need to start up my 66 Dart soon and drive it into the shop to get ready for the 340. It was running a little rough when I parked it but I didn't think anything of it. I only need to start it once more anyway to get it into the garage and I thought it was carb related.

Anyway, I was looking around under the hood and getting ready to put the battery on a charger and I noticed that the bottom pully (harmonic balancer??) doesn't have the large center bolt through it like a smallblock would. Does anyone know where I can get one of these.

I have called O'reilly's and Nappa so far. I can't find it on Mancini's website either. Any help would be appreciated.

Don't need one. That part was only used to draw the balancer down after assembly and was then removed. My '66 Valiant hasn't had one for 43 years and still runs just fine. If you're really feeling anal about it though, the short small block bolt is the one that fits. I wouldn't bother with it, especially if I was going to pull the engine for a swap.

Don't need one. That part was only used to draw the balancer down after assembly and was then removed. My '66 Valiant hasn't had one for 43 years and still runs just fine. If you're really feeling anal about it though, the short small block bolt is the one that fits. I wouldn't bother with it, especially if I was going to pull the engine for a swap.

Really? I had no idea. I looked on my B'cuda and it has one so I just assumed it needed to be there. Thanks Grumpus.

Dont throw the slant away. That is a good year slant and trans for parts.
Frank

I will probably end up selling it honestly. It only has 49,000 original miles on it. Just needs a carb rebuild and a tune up.

Your putting a 340 in your 66?You dog! Are you going 4 speed or auto?

Manual valve body 904 with the low gear set and a bolt in sprag. 3800 stall, 8 3/4 suregrip with 4.57's. 340 is .040 over, Mild port job done to large valve "J" heads, 480/280 purple shaft, Mopar adjustable rocker arms, RPM Airgap, 750 edelbrock, Spitfire headers, X pipe, and 2 1/2 inch exhaust with dumps. This is going to be Tammy's bracket car. I am looking for mid 12's but hope for high 11's. If she could jerk that left tire up a little she would just piss herself with excitement. Lol.

Nothing better than keeping your lady happy!Bring a diaper to the track,incase she makes 2 passes!!LOL!Good Luck!

-
Back