225 Dip Stick

-

6pakattack

Reaction score
I'm in dire need of a 225 dip stick ASAP. I've looked, but not seeing any !!! Also, I need to find out how much of the dipstick sticks out from the block ! Any help would be greatly appreciated !! It may just keep my sanity intact !

I have leaned in the past that there is many MANY different / dip stick tubes
I have seen some under 5'' long 6pak, and some well over 12'' long.
I have seen many threads and seen one myself where the dip stick hits the crank and brakes the tip off, What I did with mine was after a 5 quart oil change I made my own dip stick, I had to cut about 3 to 4'' of and make me a full mark with a file about 1 full inch from the bottom of the replacement dip stick, so it would be possible to pick out what tube length would be best for you VERY cool /6 you have going on :thumleft: sorry so long winded 6pak :toothy9:

does your block have the tube but not the stick? if thats the case put how much oil it needs (you did a deep sump right?), start it to prime the filter, then let it sit for a bit. now you can set you stick, and you can use anything from a SBC to whatever you can get

But I need one to cut !!

Let me see what I have in the shop, small block handed me a couple for this same reason a couple years ago, but like 805moparkid said you can use and pick what ever stick and handle you want, I would be glad to send you one but I am sure there is one at your local bone yard or auto parts store, With your engine I would sure find a nice one :cheers:

Got a helluva deal (free)on a chrome one from Discount Auto Parts. It fits a 340,but I'm gonna hope it works !!

-
Back