225 Hemi head

-
Great motors but they are not a hemi, i dont think they are even a canted valve.

The Hemi 6's do have canted valves....about 14*....but they are canted inline.....they also had pushrod guide plates too....using a ball type pivot.

thats what i was referring to

There is a billet head motor over on .org, first and only one i know of.

Great motors but they are not a hemi, i dont think they are even a canted valve.

Any chance you can point this out? I'd like to have a read on what was done to it......

Any chance you can point this out? I'd like to have a read on what was done to it......

You just look up slantsix.org and type in billet head. I don't know much, well nobody does... just some pics taken of it and I had heard it made some passes but I don't have any info on that

DAMN that's a huge head in that article! I just can't see how it fit the \6 tho. as it looks a bunch wider then the black itself......

INTERESTING tho........

Hemi head, who here hasn't?, if its the true Mopar Hemi head. The Eddy head, hell no I haven't, I'll be looking that up to see what it looks like!

here are the victors

Attachments

• 512 Stroker (4).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 434
  • 512 Stroker (30).jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 416
here are the victors

OK, now you got me! You said "EDDY HEAD" NOT Edelbrock Head, yes I've seen the Edelbrock heads......... Never heard "Eddy" in place of Edelbrock.....Might explain why when I did a search on Eddy Head, nothing came up..........:banghead:

OK, now you got me! You said "EDDY HEAD" NOT Edelbrock Head, yes I've seen the Edelbrock heads......... Never heard "Eddy" in place of Edelbrock.....Might explain why when I did a search on Eddy Head, nothing came up..........:banghead:

funny cuz this forum is where i got it from

I haven't been here that long but. I'm sure others have came up with ways of saying it, HOWEVER, with Aftermarket parts, there seems to be an array of "names" used for car parts that makes it confusing after awhile.....SO......For instance, the Ardun Hemi's, or the Aries, these are devils to copy our own Mopar Hemi, itself. but....See, they are a "known" name for aftermarket motor parts.....

We should have a mod rename this thread "fake 225 hemi" and make it a sticky. Im sick of seeing this picture and people getting all excited over something long since proven fake.

the aussie 245 is not a hemi, there has been topics on this on other forums,,, i dont know why they call it a hemi,, any one have a pic of the bowl in the head or the top of a piston ? of a aussie 245 , ide love to get pair of 245 emblems

265 Hemi Six.

Attachments

• HEMI SIX.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 377
the aussie 245 is not a hemi, there has been topics on this on other forums,,, i dont know why they call it a hemi,, any one have a pic of the bowl in the head or the top of a piston ? of a aussie 245 , ide love to get pair of 245 emblems

Sure looks like a HEMI to me...

HemiHead5.jpg

AND it shown with ALL 6 cylinders, not just a couple!

What it ISN'T is a "Flow-Through" head, gas in one side, exhaust out the other, this head has a "U" flow........ the HEMI V-8, the gas goes in on one side of the head, and the exhaust goes out the opposite side of the head......

Sure looks like a HEMI to me...

HemiHead5.jpg

AND it shown with ALL 6 cylinders, not just a couple!

What it ISN'T is a "Flow-Through" head, gas in one side, exhaust out the other, this head has a "U" flow........ the HEMI V-8, the gas goes in on one side of the head, and the exhaust goes out the opposite side of the head......

i guess thats where the term semi hemi comes from,,,what kind of horse power are they rated at ??

The 265 Hemi Six Pack was over 300 HP.

The 4g63/4g64 is 16v DOHC and same head bolt pattern.

My bad its been a long time since I've hot-rodded a G54B, can't remember half the stuff I once knew about em.

Looking at the stock 12 Valve head it could probably be done. The bore spacing is close to the 225 /6 and the bolt pattern looks similar.

I'd attempt it, but I don't have any /6's anymore and I only have 1 extra 2.6 head. Cleaned out and scrapped the rest.

i guess thats where the term semi hemi comes from,,,what kind of horse power are they rated at ??

E49 spec 265 had 320+ hp, and easily get more with minor alterations.
265's had 1.96" intake valves, and 1.60" exhaust valves.
E49 spec cam had 308* duration for In and Ex, with 88* overlap.
The heads were Chrome alloy-cast iron.
Bore x stroke......3.91" x 3.68".....265.

Attachments

• IMGP2857.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 354
  • IMGP2858.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 360
  • IMGP2862.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 362
  • IMGP2868.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 365
  • IMGP2875.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 328
My bad its been a long time since I've hot-rodded a G54B, can't remember half the stuff I once knew about em.

Looking at the stock 12 Valve head it could probably be done. The bore spacing is close to the 225 /6 and the bolt pattern looks similar.

I'd attempt it, but I don't have any /6's anymore and I only have 1 extra 2.6 head. Cleaned out and scrapped the rest.
Now I know what can be done with all theose 2.6L heads I have! The value is going up....lol...so who has the extra /6?

Sadly, no. Semi-Hemi came from the "Pent-Roof" Hemi, OR the new stage 3/phase 3 Hemis, they have quench areas, the first generation and second, did not have ANY of this.

The first and second generation Hemi's had complete Hemispherical combustion chambers, the new ones, no.....They are egg-shaped Hemispheres....The Semi-Hemi comes for that, and as mentioned the Pent-Roof Hemi as those were also oblonged in shape.

Also the Pent-Roof Hemi's also had 4 valves per cylinder.....2 in, 2 out.

the term SEMI HEMI has been around for YEARSSSSSSSSSSSSS most called the slant 6 a baby or semi hemi in my younger days,,why who knows,,,probably the same reason you see car for sale advertised with a 383 hemi lol

those 245 hemi emblems are kool i have a 030 over dodge red ram 241 hemi in my street rod,,, 241ci 30 over should be close to 245,,lol

Yes, back in the day they were known as Semi-Hemi in a nickname, "Hemi" didn't come out till '64 for Nascar.

BUT, this was a time when the combustion chamber wasn't completely Hemispherical, OR Polyspherical either. That's where the garage nick name "Semi-Hemi, came from....But this same "area" was sort of, twisted I guess.....I don't know of, or ever heard of a Slant 6 being called a Semi-Hemi, as those \6 were all in Aussie! Even tho, the 225 can provide high HP if sat up right for the task at hand.....

But, in all reality, weren't these motors, the 170 and the 225, "wedge" types?

On your 241, bored .030 over, would make it a 246.....See:

Cylinder bore size: 3.4375"
Cylinder stroke size: 3.25"
# of cylinders 8
Over bore .030, makes it: 245.525253902654, or 4.1L
This does NOT include combustion chamber cubic inch.

-
Back