225 radiator shroud

-
What year and model of car?

Short answer is yes they made them and you can get away without one, moving the fan closer, upgrading the fan size, etc

none of my slants ever needed one.None were A/C tho. All had 4 blade direct driver fans.And in winter I usually covered the rad 100%. Seems those slanty enginess have a huge surface area from which to shed heat

They were used on AC-equipped cars in conjunction with a 22" radiator.

I had one on my 70 slant dart. It's a factory A/C car with a 22 inch radiator. It wouldn't fit on my new radiator so I didn't use it. It hasn't even thought about running hot yet.

During the winter, say temps around 50's to the 30's I would take the fan off completely.Even running a 195* thermostat,never overheated.Couple of guys over on SS.org said they do it all the time,so I figured I'd try it.

I have a slant up here in Illinois and it doesn't have a shroud, however now that its been up in the 80's-90's its been running a little warm. My fan is about 1.5" or so from the radiator so it needs to be moved closer though.

that what would make it heat up over time? it usually takes about two hours but it will climb to the hot area of the factory guage. I'm thinking the radiator might be partially plugged and it just climbs after while of constant running. I'm going to install a mechaincal aftermarket heat guage as well.

Well, after changing out the radiator to an aluminum 2 core a/c type the problems are solved!!!! I cant get that little monstor to come up over 180 if its life depended on it. Guess I didn't need the shroud after all. Thanks all!!!

-
Back