225 slant mounting problems

-

sammyd

63 valiant signet 200
Reaction score
ok hi all i recently picked up a 225 slant and tranny, i am trying to put it in my 63 valiant, i am having some problems getting it to line up with motor mounts oil pan spacing. so what i have figured out so far is the motor needs to go towards the front of the car however it cannot with the oil pan is hitting the k frame. i was told the motor came out of a 68 dart is there any difference between the mounts or oil pan?

As far as I recall reading, 63 & 68 slant mounts and oil pans are the same, as long as both were A-bodies. The change was to spool mounts (round rubber isolators) ~1973. But, there were different oil pans between bodies, especially for trucks. I have seen a post w/ photos of ~6 different oil pans, so search for that. In my 1965 SB and BB, the tranny mount is slightly different that later years, just 2 attachment bolts vs 1, as I recall, so that might be what makes you think you need to move the engine forward.

As far as I recall reading, 63 & 68 slant mounts and oil pans are the same, as long as both were A-bodies. The change was to spool mounts (round rubber isolators) ~1973. But, there were different oil pans between bodies, especially for trucks. I have seen a post w/ photos of ~6 different oil pans, so search for that. In my 1965 SB and BB, the tranny mount is slightly different that later years, just 2 attachment bolts vs 1, as I recall, so that might be what makes you think you need to move the engine forward.
You need a 63-66 A or B body oil pan and pickup tube 62 may also work. 67 and later are different. Motor mounts and brackets are 63-66 A body

Brian

You need a 63-66 A or B body oil pan and pickup tube 62 may also work. 67 and later are different. Motor mounts and brackets are 63-66 A body

Brian
would you happen to know where i can find the 63-66 mounting brackets an oil pan

would you happen to know where i can find the 63-66 mounting brackets an oil pan

I bought a 63-66 oil pan with pickup from whitepunkonnitro a couple of moths ago. Maybe he has another one (whoever you get it from make sure it has the matching pickup!). I will look and see if I have any mounting brackets.

I bought a 63-66 oil pan with pickup from whitepunkonnitro a couple of moths ago. Maybe he has another one (whoever you get it from make sure it has the matching pickup!). I will look and see if I have any mounting brackets.
i have at least 3 driver side mounting brackets and 2 passenger side however they all seem to be the same as far as right and left thats why im not completely sure if i has the correct brackets and wrong rubber mounts or completely wrong everything

-
Back