225 slant rebuild for more power

-
Exactly. That's one reason why I think.....although I am going to do it, head porting isn't terribly critical. Sure it will add to......and Lord knows every bit helps, lol, but the long stroke lends itself to low RPM torque.
Got the motor back from the machinist I tried to talk to him about what I wanted but he ignored me as I probably would if some kid was trying to tell me how to do my job. Cant blame him. Old Mexican guy didn’t speak a lot of English and I don’t speak Spanish but I let him do his thing on it and it looks damn good. No porting but new springs and valves and “new cam” which I tryed to ask him what cam it was he just said new. But I’m not complaining waiting on offy 4 barrel and eddy 500. Not sure what to do about headers yet.

3F8723E1-25A3-465F-9EA3-A3D54CAB6B6A.jpeg

6C0ED9BF-24C2-4403-B6CD-7B80878AB741.jpeg

Looks good, sounds like he just put in a new stock camshaft? With the stock compression and stock camshaft super six intake with a two barrel carb and stock manifold to a 2.25 would be nice set up, but it's your engine you can go with any combo you like. Just make sure to crank the motor over before starting with the coil unplugged so you get some oil flowing then break her in!

Looks good, sounds like he just put in a new stock camshaft? With the stock compression and stock camshaft super six intake with a two barrel carb and stock manifold to a 2.25 would be nice set up, but it's your engine you can go with any combo you like. Just make sure to crank the motor over before starting with the coil unplugged so you get some oil flowing then break her in!
Went with Aussiespeed 1 piece 4 barrel and Holley 390 with dutra duals. All I need now is to figure out the linkage and tranny kick down and a elec. distributor. If anybody has any recommendations for linkages and elec. ignition please let me hear it.

Another quick thing is windage! There's free power and reliability to be had there by controlling the oil in your engine. Uncle Tony has a great video on it (and many, many more great videos, I suggest you go watch all of them if you have time). Oil behaves completely differently when it's being slung around at 4500 RPM, and evey time the crank has to push it out of the way, it's consuming power and putting stress on bearings. Here's a great video on simple, cheap things you can do to control your oil:

Also, if you have the time, porting the head a little bit and gasket matching your manifolds will help too. Both with power and MPG. I believe another user posted Tony's video on porting a slant head too. Best of luck! Welcome to the young hot rodder's club! We're few, but man can we kick some ***. I love your car!

-
Back