225 swap

-

6tshemi

Reaction score
Okay guys here What I am doing. I have a 1966 Plymouth valiant with a 66 225.
I Bought a 225 out of a 69 satellite and found the oil pan does work and I guess
I have to change it . I am guessing but I think it will need the oil pickup also.
I also found the flex plate off the 66 don't fit the 69.
Does anyone have a quick fix to the flex plate problem ( the transmission and torque converter are also 66 ).
And if you have a a body 225 oil pan and oil pickup for a 66 I would be interested.

Just not a slant 6 guy.if you have parts PM

You will also find the crank register for the torque convertor hub is too large on the new engine. There is an aftermarket bushing that will correct that issue.

I am not sure if the newer flex plate will bolt up to the older tranny. Someone will come along and tell you for sure.

You need the oil pan and pickup from the 66. As Oklacarcollector mentioned, you'll need the adapter bushing so the early converter will fit the later crank. Charrlie_S used to sell them - I'd drop him a PM. I bolted a later engine with it's correct flextplate to an early transmission converter and had no issues.

You will need to use the oil pan and pickup from the 66 engine, on the 69 engine. Also the engine mounts and brackets. You will need 68 up flexplate (available at any parts store) also a crankshaft adapter bushing. I have these available, as does Doug Dutra, and TFPatty.

Might have to use the 66 Carb if you have the "twisty" throttle linkage on the 66 car.

-
Back