225 to 340 engine swap

-
hey, i cant keep up with all the new threads you are opening. it may be asier for you to just keep it all to one thread, and you will get more replies that way, and i answered this question in one of the other threads!

hey, i cant keep up with all the new threads you are opening. it may be asier for you to just keep it all to one thread, and you will get more replies that way, and i answered this question in one of the other threads!

Ive just got lots of ?
that are in different categories

The big parts

Motor
Small block tranny
either a set of swap motor mounts or a V8 K frame with mounts
Exhaust

lots of guys run the 6 cylinder torsion bars with small blocks. it will handle better with the bigger V8 bars though

I did this swap. Got the motor mounts from Schumacher, amassed all the parts..... Ie; motor, trans, etc. Pull the slant 6 out, painted the engine compartment and installed the v8. Oh and I went from an auto to a four speed. Very easy to do if your mechanically inclined.

I did this swap. Got the motor mounts from Schumacher, amassed all the parts..... Ie; motor, trans, etc. Pull the slant 6 out, painted the engine compartment and installed the v8. Oh and I went from an auto to a four speed. Very easy to do if your mechanically inclined.

what mounts did you use

well I was look on craigslist for a 340 bear black and got sticker shock they was 400 dollars for a block what about a 318 with a good set of header and exaust that sound good to me

I'm thinking at the moment this is going to be an engine swap on a budget. am I correct? You signature also says its your first car? I would just go with a 318 with some bolt ons for now. You can do it cheap and get some decent power. Later down the road build the killer motor. 318s can be had cheap and even sometimes free if your lucky!

I'm thinking at the moment this is going to be an engine swap on a budget. am I correct? You signature also says its your first car? I would just go with a 318 with some bolt ons for now. You can do it cheap and get some decent power. Later down the road build the killer motor. 318s can be had cheap and even sometimes free if your lucky!

yeah ill just have to see where it go's to bad I dont have the money for a 440

A 318 with a good RV cam shaft and a 600 cfm carburetor with headers will run great and I would save my money for other things before I went out and bought a 340, a 360 can be built as well as a 340. JMO. 318 is a great V8 engine and if I was to swap my /6 out it would be a 318 0.30 over with an rv cam shaft and run the tires of of it.

would I need new mounts for the 318
Yes, the small block mount's like the ones in this thread that AdamR posted
Are you driving your car some as it is ?
If you are find a tachometer for it and let us know what rpm you are running at 55 mph. I bet your trans is fine and it just needs an adjustment made to the linkage :glasses8:

318's run REAL good with 360 heads. You just have to make sure that you get the right heads for the right block to the best of my understanding. (ie LA heads on an LA block)

You can also use closed chamber heads with the 318. These engines can do lots if you build t hem right.

I was thinking a 318 with a good set of headers a good carb duel exhaust and that should be fine I want the car to sound and look like a bada$$ but not be to costly

-
Back