225 with holley 350 setup

-

dennday67

Reaction score
I picked up a Holley 7448 that I plan to use on my 225 (maybe going Turbo later). I already that've the adapter and I'm having the aluminum intake sand blasted and powder coated. I'm steady planing a rebuild on the Carb so while I'm in it I'd like to know what everyone is running for jets, power valve, shooters and adjustment. I've done quite a bit of searching online to get a ball park setup but wanted to check here before I go thru it. I read some take bent wire and put it in the pv hole to restrict it a bit. Any feed back on that?

I think a 350 Holley is perfect for a N/A slant. If I am able to keep my rat truck, that's what I plan on putting on it. I really think though, if you step up to the turbo, you will be able to stand the 500 Holley 2 barrel. JMO.

Once I get the 350 all mocked up and running (kickdown, throttle cable, and etc) the 500 cfm 2 barrel should be an easy swap with the Turbo upgrade. I'm going to use the exhaust manifold from the one barrel setup for the Turbo so wont waist a super six manifold.

Once I get the 350 all mocked up and running (kickdown, throttle cable, and etc) the 500 cfm 2 barrel should be an easy swap with the Turbo upgrade. I'm going to use the exhaust manifold from the one barrel setup for the Turbo so wont waist a super six manifold.

all the manifolds are the same...

The 500 will be a dead bolt on. Also, FWIW, there's no difference in the Super Six exhaust manifold, other than perhaps the choke stove or some such. The ports and outlet is the same, so you won't be wasting a thing.

It has the better stove choke design.

compared to? the early cars had a hole on the pocket where the later (66 and older??) and later than that didn't have a hole...

fact still remains you wont be wasting anything

I thought I read that the 80s exhaust manifolds were a better design than the late 60s. Either way oh well but back to the original question. Can anyone give me a ball park setup for the 7448? I have an extra 9.5 PV, 58, 60, 63, 65 jets and a whole bunch of shooters.

I thought I read that the 80s exhaust manifolds were a better design than the late 60s. Either way oh well but back to the original question. Can anyone give me a ball park setup for the 7448? I have an extra 9.5 PV, 58, 60, 63, 65 jets and a whole bunch of shooters.

well a shot in the dark without knowing anything would be something like 4.5-6.5 PV, 31-35 squrter, 65 get.

on my 750 3310 holley i run 72/81(plate) jets, 6.5PV on primary only (going to 4.5), and never checked the squiters as i havnb't got to tune this carb. but im a 10:1, 246 @ .050 cam, high gear 4.88's.

so we dont know what your motor wants or needs but thats a start

(and rusty) i think it is running out of fuel...

Thanks. Currently my 225 is all stock but have been thinking of shaving a little off the head (but keep the compression low enough to still run a Turbo), run 1.70 intake valves, and change the cam. Everyone keeps telling me to drop in my 360 that I've got $6k into but there's something about the /6 that I find interesting. That there bullet proof, fuel efficient for an older motor, that they don't get the love and respect that they should.

Later exhaust manifolds, the better. You can almost date the manifold by the amount of reinforcement webbing is on the runners. I got a 1st gen manifold and its runners are totally smooth on the outside. 350 on a stock six is huge. I believe the stock 1bbls were 180. Even a 500 on a turbo 6 is big, but going lean on a turbo is bad...even for a slant.

Holley0-7448

http://www.holley.com/0-7448.asp

Stock out ofthe box jetting for 0-7448:

[ame="http://www.holley.com/data/Products/Technical/199R7950-7rev6.pdf"]http://www.holley.com/data/Products/Technical/199R7950-7rev6.pdf[/ame]

I wouldstart with stock set up.

Later exhaust manifolds, the better. You can almost date the manifold by the amount of reinforcement webbing is on the runners. I got a 1st gen manifold and its runners are totally smooth on the outside. 350 on a stock six is huge. I believe the stock 1bbls were 180. Even a 500 on a turbo 6 is big, but going lean on a turbo is bad...even for a slant.

the 170 carbs are 180, 225 are 270 i believe... and if you only need a 500 for boost thats pretty sad, most all the NA guys are at least a 600.

-
Back